Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. hello everybody im diving 25 years but just started using a camera underwater, totally clueless where to start. cheers

  2. Hey Everyone,

     

    I'm Tom from Australia, I'm looking for camera advice on micro 4/3 cameras and taking them underwater. (need to buy a housing!)

     

    I'm a big underwater videographer!

  3. From Los Angeles. Diving four years and got "serious" about taking pictures recently. Sony a7ii.

  4. Hi,

     

    I am from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Have been diving for the past 20 years.

    About to take up underwater photography very soon. Just got myself a used Canon G16 with Fantasea housing, ULCS arms/tray, Inon z240.

    Hoping to learn more UWphoto technics from this site. Any advice would be most appreciated.

     

    Thanks & happy diving everyone..

     

    Cheers,

    jakchow

  5. Hello, I mostly take pictures in muddy lakes, but from time to time I visit some mines or caves with crystal clear water ;)

  6. I'm here to try and sell a "used only once" UW housing

  7. Hey I'm Morgan Bennett-Smith from Los Angeles, CA. I'm a senior marine science major at Occidental College; I've worked with Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution for the past two years. I'm interested in coral reef genomics and eDNA, and excited to start ramping up my underwater photography during breaks in the field work!

  8. Hi to everyone.

    Been diving for 26 or so years, Blue waters and Green and now settled on Scotland,s West coast where I find U / Water photography is my personal Buzz…..

    Always looking for advice etc to improve my range and Wetpixel seems to be the habitat of the Marine World,s best.

     

    So, hope you don,t mind if I settle in….

  9. Hi,

    I no longer work as a diver so I need to sell my UW photo gear, just fun diving for me from now on....

    Heather

  10. Hello, i am also a new member now. Looking forward to tips and tricks. Im based near Manchester UK and looking to do more indoor underwater portraiture. Looking for a place where to rent Aquatech strobes- would be great if you all could brainstorm and let me know. best, patricia

     

  11. Hi everyone,

     

    My name is Darcie from Sydney Australia. I've been diving for a few years and starting to get into UW photography. Looking for a Nikon D7000 housing

  12. Hi,

    I'm emitor3672 from Serbia. I live in Belgrade. I've been diving almost 30 years. But this year, for the first time, I used camera, SJ4000. Later I will upload some videos.

  13. Hi, I'm Thomas from Maryland. Shoot with a Nikon D750. Still in the faze of choosing which housing and gear to get. I'll be spending my winter on the Palmyra Atoll, so I want to be sure I have the gear to take good photos while I'm there.

  14. Hello everyone!

     

    I've been diving for 5+ years, shooting pics for many more; just combined the two! I'm just putting together my dive kit, my camera is a Panasonic GX7 with the 7-14 WA lens and an Ikelite housing with 8" dome, and most likely the Sea & Sea Strobes. I'm hoping to have it all together for bull shark season in Playa del Carmen.

     

    I've been diving in Thailand, The Philippines, Bali, Korea, Playa del Carmen, and Costa Rica. Looking forward to reading everyone else's experiences and learning from you all.

     

    Frank

  15. Long time lurker first time poster. I've been shooting with a canon PS in an Ikelite case and working on upgrading.

    I'm stuck in the desert but I've made it to Thailand, Bali, Belize, Roatan and Monterey.

  16. Hello All!

     

    I'm a new wannabe underwater photographer! Just got my hands on a used RX100 which I'll start off with.

     

    Thanks for allowing me onto this excellent forum!

     

    Regards

     

    David

  17. Hi, I am Petr from the Czech Republic and I want to buy a S&S macro port for Nikon 105mm.

  18. Hi, I'm Michelle and I live in Oklahoma. I am not a diver but am a photographer and am currently helping a family friend whose son passed away. He was a professional cinematographer and marine biologist so he had a lot of underwater gear. We are trying to sell the remaining items and hoping that they go to other aspiring photographers, videographers and divers that will use and appreciate them the way he did. For this reason, I will be listing some equipment on the classified forums.

     

    Thank you,

    Michelle

  19. Hi my name is Mike and I am a 22 year old student pursuing a degree in Marine Sciences. I hope to produce quality fish with the emerging process of deepwater/offshore aquaculture. I am PADI SCUBA open water diver and have been practicing freediving for spearfishing.

     

    I am looking at my first camera which will be an Olympus sp350 or Olympus C-5050

  20. Hi, I am new to wetpixel but have been diving and taking pictures for about 3 years. I currently use an Olympus TG-2 with housing but will be reading reviews of products on this site with an interest in upgrading my set-up.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.