Robert from Jacksonville here. Long time land shooter, but I finally got an Ikelite housing and am looking to start taking it on my dives. Currently shooting a Sony a7RII with mostly Canon glass that I had from my early 5D bodies. Looking forward to picking your brains here in on WP!
- 3711Posts
- 3711Replies
Read-only discussion
Member Introductions
-
-
Hello, just a quick hello to introduce myself, as a noobi to both scuba diving and underwater photography. Just got my PADI open water cert., and next month going for Advanced. I've been a photographer on land since the '70s so pretty comfortable with that but this will be a new challenge. I have sprung for a Nikon D750, with Ikelite housing and strobes. I'll post pics as soon as I get the chance. I'll be testing it out on some dives in November around Vancouver, BC. I'll be reading these forums to try and get up to speed. I'm going to Krabi, Thailand around Christmas, hope to make good use of the equipment. A little uptight about getting everything there on the plane.
-
Hi everyone,
My name is Emilia, I live in Australia and started taking underwater photos about 4yrs ago with a canon g12 in the most basic set-up canon housing. I have since moved on to using DSLRs and have a Canon 600D and Canon 550D in Ikelite set up. Currently I am shooting with my Canon 5D mark iii above water but looking to get a nauticam housing for it.
I love underwater photography and you can see many of my photos on Instagram @emiliakerr
Looking forward to getting to know some more like minded people.
Cheers,
Emilia
-
Emilia, wow those photos of yours are amazing, wonderful, great. (couldn't decide on a descriptor)
James
-
Hi, I'm Jacob from New Mexico. Longtime nature photographer just getting started with underwater photography and looking to learn more from this community.
-
Hello,
I am a fisheries biologist from Washington State. I found this site via an internet search engine and would like to ask a few questions regarding the best underwater video platforms that I may be able to use for research in our riverine environements here in Washington.
Thank you, I look forward to using this forum.
M
-
Hello new scuba friends, Im nearly 50 been mad about UWP for nearly 20 years now. I live on the UK but most of my diving is done abroad these days.
-
Hello everyone, My name is Michael and I've been diving for three years and taking photos for a little over one. I dive mainly in Monterey, CA. Currently looking to upgrade my system to a DSLR
-
Aloha fellow divers,
My name is Eric and I am a marine ecologist working for the National Park Service in Hawaii. Most of my diving is in Hawaii, but I do travel abroad on various diving expeditions in tropical reef areas.
-
I am new to wetpixel and would like to introduce myself.
I'm a certified diver who loves to travel. Exotic dive and snorkel destinations are my passion.
I have been taking underwater photos for 6 years.
-
Hello!!
I am Emiliano Cimoli, from Italy but residing in Tasmania. I am a total newbie in underwater photogrpahy but I consider myself a good enthusiast level photographer. I am interested in underwater photography for scintific applications related to my job.
Cheers
Emiliano
-
Hi,
My name is Neil Ever Osborne and I am a conversation photographer and visual storyteller based out of Toronto. I am new to this forum.
Nice to connect.
-
Hello-
My name is Henry Schmitz and I live on the Central Coast of California. Been diving since 2001 and diving with cameras about the same. Thanks for the great forum!
-
I am Victor. I was underwater photographer for a few years. But now I don't have ability to continue with it. I am introducing myself to sell my gear (all in very good condition): SEACAM: FP Fisheyeport with PVL 35 Extension, P120 Macroport with Optical Coating + 2 Macro Lenses, S45 Sportsfinder, 2 Seaflash 250 Digital TTL, 2 complete arms 150/300 + Point Shooting Extension + Neopren Bag, Zoom(17-55)/Focus(105) Lens Gear, Silver Nikon D2X Housing SCM switch, dual flash sockets, audible/visual moisture alarm.
Nikon D2X (only 1/4 of shooting life is over), Nikkor 10.5mm f/2.8G ED DX, Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR, Zoom-Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G IF-ED DX, Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8 VR, SB-800 and many other things.
I want sell all of it as one set to somebody who may use it or to sell separate with profit.
Please contact me on email victor999victory@hotmail.com
-
Hello all, Kev Haworth from Liverpool UK.
Love my photography even though I'm not very good at it! Just achieved open water and really looking forward to experimenting with underwater photography
-
Hi
I am Tai from HongKong, I have been shooting underwater for awhile and finally decided to get a housing to take my DSLR to diving
-
Just joined. Am strictly snorkeler but serious about it. Caribbean, Africa, headed to Australia & South Pacific in few months. Also do Great White Shark cage diving, South Africa, twice in Guadalupe & will do Australia next year.
Been suffering along with underwater Olympus system & have a GoPro also. Love night snorkeling with GoBe lights on tray.
Am older & looking for underwater camera with larger viewfinder for us old folks. I have prescription mask & trying to view those 3" screens is getting tougher. Hoping someone here can give me some guidance.
-
Hi there, I'm John. I scuba some, but I've mostly been freediving lately. I like to play around with cameras with all the things I do. However underwater, I've only experimented with simple GoPro devices. Recently I thought maybe I can find an underwater housing for my old Panasonic GH2 (perhaps find a deal), and try it out underwater. I'll post in the classified to ask if anyone is selling.
-
Hi I am Maz from Vancouver, BC, Canada. My main area of focus is colder water underwater photography. Please check out my site for more detail of my work
-
Hello everyone. I'm a videographer using GH4 and nauticam housing. Live in Florida.