- 3711Posts
- 3711Replies
Read-only discussion
Member Introductions
-
Dag from Varberg- Sweden here.Just started diving august -14 and got a cheap housing for my camera by spring in -15, do most of my dives around Lysekil
-
Trent from Australia, currently living and working on the Great Barrier Reef at Lizard Island Resort. Currently taking on my first professional job as a videographer/photographer here on the resort.
Previously a PADI Instructor in Indonesia, Dive master in Malaysia & Phillipines.
Shooting on a Sony a7 + Ikelite housing, natural lighting at the moment.
Have joined the forums hoping to gain some knowledge from the experienced shooters on here and hopefully share some of my work if it's good enough to make it on here with everyone else !
Take care everyone,
Trent
-
Hi all
I am new to wetpixel, it was suggested that I join in order to sell equipment that I have.
I have been diving for over 40 years and jumped into photography this year, but I had to realize that it is over my head.
In any event thank you, eventually someone will get some very sophisticated equipment at a discounted price.
begelr
-
Hello, I'm from Cincinnati, OH and am new to this forum. I've been diving only since 2013 and got into UW photography almost immediately as it's long been a topside activity for me and the things to see underwater are too amazing and beautiful to not want to capture and share. My interests in subjects is increasingly shifting toward megafauna: being in the water with big animals: sharks, mantas, dolphins, turtles, goliath grouper, etc. I can't get enough of it!. I also enjoy wrecks, reefs, and muck, and any life that abounds there, though I'm not currently set up to do quality macro photography. Cheers.
-
Hi I'm Bruce Chapman from Vail, CO. I am just getting started in UW photography although I have been diving for many years. I have a Nikon D3100 and I am looking for a used Ikelite 6801.31. Thanks
-
Greetings Folks, I'm sad to say I'm getting out of diving after 22 years. my wife travels and I have a 5 and 7 year old. I'll be getting back into diving once my children are older. in the mean time, I will be selling off all my photo gear. I hate to become a new member and then post a for sale item without folks getting to know me, so my apologies. I'm a long time supporter of rebreather world, so you can check out my reputation there and if you need references, I can give you my instructors names and whatever else you need. anyway, thanks for having me, even if it's just for a short time... I will be back!
-
Hi my name is Amanda Bird. I live in San Diego, CA and own a marine research business, Paua Marine Research Group. I do not yet own an underwater camera but I am now at a point in my life where I can afford to do the one thing I've wanted to do underwater since I started diving in 2006, take photos
. I look forward to telling stories of the underwater world through photography! -
Hello. I'm a filmmaker from Austin, Texas.
-Kelly
-
Hi, i'm Andrea from Italy, just changed my E-pl1 with an E-m5. Actually looking for an housing....
-
Hi I'm Richard, based in London UK. I have been working in the film and tv industry for past twenty years which has included some great times underwater with a variety of housings and challenges.
Richard
-
Hi Everyone,
This is Susan From Australia. I am just getting back into it after a few years break and loking for a new camera to shoot the humpback whales of Tonga with!
-
hi, my name is francesco and i m from switzerland. I m new on this forum. I m a beginner diver and uw photofrapher. I m looking forward to being part of this community. Ceku
-
hi, New to the forum, saw an add for some equipment that lead me here.
-
Been watching the forum for a while and thought it was about time I partook.
-
Hello there. I'm Daniel, from Quito-Ecuador. I have been living in Virginia-USA for the past four years. I have been fortunate enough to travel a lot because of my profession (university professor-researcher). I work on most things related to Evolution. I am an amateur wildlife photographer, on land, but I lived and worked at the Galapagos for a while and I fell in love with diving. As you all know, once you are underwater you want to take those memories with you back to land. I am totally new to underwater photography. I just put together my rig as a Xmas present and I have a trip to the Galapagos coming in January for the first try out. Any advice, tip, hint, and comment will be welcome.
I am really excited about being part of this forum.
Cheers,
Daniel
-
Hi I am a diver from Cairns Queensland, I am looking to move in DSLR underwater photography.
-
Hi, Finally figured out how to start posting. Long time reader first time poster...
here in Montrel. I currently shoot with an EM-1 in nauticam housing. Find its a rewarding hobby overtime except on my bank account...
love the forum and will try to post more.
-
Hi
My name is Brad Sheard, an old East Coast (of US) wreck diver and new member.
Brad
-
Hello - just making a quick post to open up my account.
-
Hi, greetings from London in the UK. I'm not at all new to photography and have been taking underwater pictures for many years, but a month ago finally took the plunge (excuse the pun) and got a proper housing for my full-frame DSLR. Really pleasing results, and now I'm wanting to ask a bunch of questions to the experts that inhabit this wonderful forum.