Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. Hi, my name is dam, from France, I'm new on this forum.

    Edited by Dam
  2. Hello!

     

    My name is Adam, I spend a lot of time diving and freediving, and enjoy both making videos and photography. Due to the nature of my job I get to travel and dive all over the world with my partner. I post videos regularly, see below for our video from the Bali in Indonesia!

     

     

    If you like be sure to follow us on Youtube!

     

    Thanks

  3. Hi, my name is Alfredo.

     

    I currently live in Mexico, dividing my time between Mérida city, Playa del Carmen, Cozumel and all around the Yucatan Peninsula. I spend my freetime freediving, scuba diving, running, swimming, fishing, and all the outdoor activities possible in the area. I grew up in Cozumel Island which for many people around the globe is a scuba diving paradise for photography. Here I began my interest in photography and filming underwater. I am just a beginner with a canon T3I or 600D, a pair of gopro's and few years of experience. My new interest is to get my DSLR underwater and film pelagic action.

     

    I will be glad to contact or provide any recommendations to anyone who is visiting the area.

    Edited by mimenza01
  4. Hi I'm Jon,

     

    I'm a new Kiwi (NZ) photography who has finally joined wetpixel.

     

  5. Hi,

     

    My name is Wolfgang, I was born 1956. I dive since 1982.

     

    When I was a child I was infected with the photography virus, when my grandfather gave me one of his used mid-format cameras. I pooled my pocket money with that of a friend to set up a darkroom in our attic. Lateron I had a Minolta 35mm mirror reflex camera with several objectives. Focus on tele-macro in nature (200 mm Sigma with extension bellow and rings). Autofocus and automatic exposure were not a topic at this time...

     

    Underwater I have a Sony VX-1000 digital videocam since late 90ies. My experience using digital underwater photo equipment is limited to occasionally using the Lumix TZ-5 of my wife (since a year she has an Olympus EPL-6 with set objective and 60 mm macro, I may use it also, but very seldom only (she likes to take the camera by herself :laugh: )).

     

    I plan to acquire an underwater wide-angle setup in 2017 (complementary to the macro setup of Lisi), thats why I joined this forum. I am not shure yet about the camera system and what lens(es)...

  6. Hello, my name is Beth and I'm a documentary filmmaker at SeaLevelTV. Check out our salty stories of substance here http://sealevelproductions.tv/. I'm most happy when I'm swimming with my camera and editing. Good to meet you here on Wet Pixel.

    https://vimeo.com/157523240

    Edited by sealeveltv
  7. Good Day.

     

    My name is Rudy and I have been a PADI Instructor since 1987. I have been diving in different countries over the past three decades and currently I reside on the island of Aruba, in the Caribbean.

     

    I started to teach underwater photo and video in the late 1980's working with the Nikonos III system and up. It doesn't mean that I'm old, I just started early. :evilgrin:

     

    For the past 7 years I have been trying to get two things going in Aruba, which is the implementation of the Aruba Marine Park and a new hyperbaric chamber for the island. I will elaborate more on these later.

     

    I dive nowadays primarily for fun doing lion fish control since this invasion in 2009 in Aruba.

     

    Rudy (Doc)

  8. Hi,

    New member and since some time a traveling diver and photographer.

  9. Hello! Zac from Oklahoma, making an introduction to validate my account.

  10. Hi All, I'm Jim from Santa Cruz. Been diving for 20+ years and shooting for about 10. Always looking for ways to improve though...

  11.  

    Hi,

     

    I am new to the forum and am relying to introduce myself.

    I dive in Canary Islands,

     

    regards,

     

    Xabier

  12. Hello, my name is Randy. Hopefully, I'm following the instructions necessary to become an active member. A Nikon D 7100, with a Nauticam housing, that I will be posting in classifieds.

  13. Hello, Rose Saltman here. I live in Sydney, Australia, and have been a keen amateur underwater photographer since the mid 1980's when I acquired my first set up, a Nikonos V. My first digicam was an Olympus 2020! Hoping to find some great info on here and be able to share whatever I can.

    I'm also looking to offload a Canon G12 Powershot, Recsea Housing and various accessories. It's been great, but I only shoot with one camera underwater (currently a Sony RX1003 with Nauticam Housing).

    Edited by Rose2852
  14. Hi, this is Tom. I'm looking to downsize from my Canon 7D/Ikelite set up to a smaller, more compact rig, like a Sony RX-100 or similar.

  15. Greetings! i am new to wetpixel and also underwater photography. I am from Hong Kong and I am using SONY A7R2 with Nauticam housing. Currently I've got 90mm Macro lens for macro critters

    Nice to meet you all!

  16. Hey guy!

  17. Hello, Marcus from Brazil. Just a begginer in underwater photography

  18. Hello everyone,

     

    I'm Mihai from Romania.

    I own a Canon 5D Mark IV and Aquatica Housing and i'm interested in shooting caves, wrecks and everything that's deep.

  19. Hi Everybody,

     

    I am new to this forum, but have known wetpixel for quite some time. I have been diving for about 5 years, and have been shooting since the beginning! Now, when I am doing a training or diving without my camera, I feel like I am missing essential gear like my tank, and feel naked... :)

  20. Hi, I'm Rob. I've been diving for around 3 yrs and just recently upgraded from a gopro hero4 to a Sony AX100 video cam. I've been visiting wetpixel for some time and enjoy reading articles on uw video. I hope to contribute and definitely keep learning in the community!

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.