Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. I’m Russian wildlife photographer who specializes in underwater photography. I was commended in «Travel Photographer of the Year 2012» («Another World» category), «Sony World Photography Awards 2011» («Nature and Wildlife» category), and other exhibitions. My personal web-site is: http://www.miroshnikov.me

    Edited by DmitryM
  2. Greetings! I'm a Los Angeles based cinematographer and have just gotten back into scuba diving after a 15 year break. I also enjoy surf camerawork.

  3. Hi! :) I'm absolutely new to UW photography but would like to take some cool pics on my diving holiday in Zanzibar :)

  4. I am diver and uw photographer since a couple of years. I'm living in Sweden close to Stockholm.

    Wepixel gives me an opportunity to learn more about uw photography. :)

  5. Hey guys,

     

    Been reading the forum for a little while because I have been looking into getting a camera. Thinking about getting the Sony A6300 with the meikon housing and wet dome port... If anybody has any input on this setup please let me know.

     

    -thanks

  6. Hello All,

     

    I have been taking underwater video and photos for the past several years. Cameras have included a Sony HC-3 in a Light & Motion housing, a Nikon P7000 in a Fantasea housing and currently an E-M5 Mark II in an Olympus housing. Stan Scubaman on YouTube and Instagram. The discussion and input on the forum has been invaluable.

  7. I got certified to dive when I was 12 but only dove occasionally on family vacations in tropical water while growing up. About 2 years ago, I moved to the San Francisco Bay Area have been fortunate to dive far more frequently, I have since gotten really into cold water diving and UW photography. After hunting for Nudibraches in Monterey for a year with my old Canon Powershot SD700 and Ikelite housing it was time to upgrade. I now have a Canon G7X in Nauticam housing and recently got a Dyron SWAL13. I have had fun making the most of my natural light photos but I am excited to get a strobe or two soon. Looking forward to reading more of the Wetpixel forums and hopefully will find some new (to me) gear in the classifieds!

     

  8. Hello,

    I'm from France and I've been diving for about 1 year and a half.

    I dive in lakes as I'm quite far from any sea, for training essentially (I'm level 2 CMAS) and I had a few opportunities to dive in the Mediterranean sea where I could see a lot of fishes and other animals.
    As I like photography (I am an happy owner of Canon 6D), I'd like now get a camera to take with me when diving and capture what I see and share it with my family.

    And I am here to exchange with you on this topic, new to me.

    Ouais

  9. Hi

     

    My name is Roy, I am a professional photographer based in the UK. Looking to expand my knowledge of shooting underwater.

  10. Hi,my name is Vladimir! I just joined to wetpixel! I've been always fascinated by underwatter photography!!

    I saw a lot of beautiful pictures made by many of you!! I am just beginning with uw photography, but I hope that one day my photos also will have the same beauty and quality like many pics made by you guys!!

  11. Hi, we are team Furious Morbid Eagle from Waunakee High school in Wisconsin, and we would like to solve the issue of underwater photography for recreational use. Please help us in the first steps of our project by responding this survey: https://goo.gl/forms/bpL8bWrn684mFWeI2. Thank you!

    Edited by FuriousMorbidEagle123
  12. Hi All,

     

    My name is Christina Barringer. I am an Underwater Photographer, PADI Divemaster, Marine Biologist by education and SLPA in South Florida. Beautiful South Florida is currently experiencing the effects of Hurricane Matthew. I have power for now so I am taking the time to introduce myself.

     

    I love to travel. I think the best thing in the world is to see as much of it as you can. While studying marine biology I studied abroad in Mexico, Australia, Belize and interned in South Africa researching Great White Sharks. I love research but have always enjoyed underwater photography. I started out snorkeling as a child with a disposable camera.

     

    I am currently selling my Canon 100D & Ikelite setup. I have upgraded to the full frame Canon 6D and Nauticam housing, Zen 230 mm glass dome with Canon 16-35mm or Tokina 10-17. Soon I'll pick up a 100mm and the flat port. I shoot with 2 Sea & Sea YS110A strobes with Ultralight arms and clamps.

     

    I just came back from exploring Trinidad and Tobago. My next adventure is next month to the Lofoten Islands of Norway to dive with Orcas!

     

    I'm excited to announce that I print on metal, iPhone and Galaxy cell phone cases and have a 2017 calendar out now: www.cbseaphotography.com

    For anyone that would like to follow me on social media:

    https://www.facebook.com/christinambarringer

    https://www.facebook.com/ChristinaBarringerSeaPhotography/

    https://www.instagram.com/christinabarringer/

     

     

    Happy diving and happy picture taking!

     

    Christina Barringer

    Edited by cbseaphotography
  13. Hi there everyone,

    My name is Kieran and I am a PADI Divemaster Marine Biologist doing postgraduate studies in Aberdeen Scotland. I have used a range of different underwater cameras (mostly for my university research dive team) and recently owned an old canon 450D setup which I quickly passed on due to the size of the gear. In christmas I am going on my honeymoon to Mexico and I am looking to put together a nice mirrorless setup to take in my hand luggage. I joined this forum to share ideas, pictures and to get some experienced advice on my new gear.

     

    I hope to engage in many interesting underwater camera topics!

     

     

  14. Hi, I'm new to the Forum. I travel and enjoy UW photography. Currently looking for a Gates AX100 Housing.

    Edited by GAP
  15. Hi !

     

    My name is wira, and Ive been following the forum for awhile only to realise that I had not registered yet.

    I'm shooting with an Olympus EM-1 in Oly housing. Shooting mostly in Bali where I live and occasionally around Indonesia and asia.

     

    Talk to you guys soon.

     

     

    W

  16. Hi all, greetings from Australia. I'm Jonny, a keen technical diver/Instructor and a avid underwater videographer, I also work under the title of 'JDC Productions' where I film and photograph in caves. open water technical environments and just anywhere underwater really!

    Recently upgraded to a Sony A7s2 and am also looking for a housing if anyone is selling!

    Feel Free to check out my links below!

    https://www.facebook.com/JDCTechnical/Facebook account


    - Quick little video I made while at the Similan Islands, Thailand
  17. Hello, my name is Evan and I shoot primarily freshwater. I'm excited to be a part of the WetPixel community!

  18. Hi, I'm Paul from Ohio, USA. Currently living in China for work and getting back into diving again now that my kids are old enough to dive with us. New to underwater photography and looking forward to learning and doing more of it!

  19. Hi there...new member. Dive a lot in Jupiter/palm Beach FL. Looking to move up from gopro to something I can take stills from and make metal prints. Looking at the Sony a6000 with ikelite. Look forward to posting pics soon!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.