Non-professional diver from Utah, looking to upgrade UW system.
- 3711Posts
- 3711Replies
Read-only discussion
Member Introductions
-
-
Hi all,
greetings from Red Sea from Mirko. Im in underwater photo & video now fair 10 years and got across of Wetpixel by surfing net. GRT tip, content and of course equipment purchases, mainly classifieds.
Feel free to drop a message if any info about RedSea is needed. THX
-
Hello
-
Hi All
I am Nick from London School of Diving and Dive Saint Lucia (LSD Scuba). I have been taking underwater pics for about 18 months now, guided by the late Nigel Wade and Henley Spiers, with advice from Dawn Shewan, Alex Khachadourian and Bruce Milani.
Time, I feel, to get out there for some additional feedback and critique!
Looking forward to being a part of the Wetpixel forum!
Cheers
Nick
-
Hi,
My name is Derek Dunlop, long time stalker, first time poster. I'm a herpetologist/biologist, but enjoy being underwater as well. I'm a Padi DM and IANTD Cave Diver. I am currently shooting a Canon Mark 3 with Nauticam housing.
Cheers,
Derek
-
Hi,
I'm Simon. I'm from the UK and live in Bermuda. I've been diving since 1999 and qualified as a PADI instructor in 2012. Since moving to Bermuda my yearly number of dives has dropped considerably, mainly because the dives are generally very shallow and very repetitive.
I decided to get into underwater photography as the shallower dives will make ideal conditions for learning. My set up is:
Nikon D7200
Nauticam NA-D7100
Nauticam 8.5" acrylic dome
Sea & Sea 110a strobes x2
iTorch c92 video lights x 2
At the moment, I'm using the Tokina 11-16mm lens with my underwater set up. Once I'm more familiar with everything, I will consider other lenses and a different dome port.
My only experience with the above is experimenting in the pool with the set up (that's how new I am!). I am surprised at how positively buoyant the 8.5" dome is! it flips port side up all the time and I am now looking for ways to weigh it down to counteract this. Does anyone have any suggestions?
-
Hi guys !
Im Tony from France.
Actually living on the Philippines and working on a liveboard at the amazing Tubbataha reefs.
I shoot exclusively Sony and look forward to share my underwater life with all of you

Cheers !

-
Hi, I'm a UK diver looking for some advice on Canon, amongst other things!
-
Hi Folks,
I'm a professional wildlife photographer, making underwater images purely for pleasure. As there is no market in my area for underwater images, I find it very relaxing to make pictures for my own.
I've used a Nikon D700 nikon system, a Olympus PEN 7 and in the future I will buy a Panasonic GH5 for my video projects.
I'm always looking for small critters, and friends tell me I miss big tuna or schools of barracuda while I'm looking for a nicely coloured sponge or small anemone.
Rollin
-
Hey there,
I'm Brian from West Palm Beach. Long time lurker here...now looking to sell some gear.
-
Hi folks
I'm Tim Hall from Madison, Wisconsin. I've been diving for about 20 years but only recently have gotten involved with underwater photography, and that got me to Wetpixel. Now that I'm here, I have some reading to do to catch up.
-
Hi all,
I am a maritime archaeologist living in the Dutch Caribbean. I'm looking forward to reading all about underwater photography on this forum.
-
Hi I'm Hyp, looking for advice on strobes.
-
Hi all! Greetings from Amsterdam. Although I'll soon be moving to Pico on the Azores for half a year!
-
Hi everyone,
I'm from Atlanta. Been taking photos while snorkeling and diving since I was about 10. Just now getting serious with a housing and strobes. I used to use underwater cameras and gopros.
-
Aloha -- My name is Cam and I reside on the Hawaiian Islands. Avid freediver and still learning the art of underwater photography. Stoked to become apart of this community. Looking to further my knowledge and progress in my passion for underwater photography!
Still have a lot to learn but I have attached a link to website!
https://camgrantphotography.com/
Mahalo
-
Hi there, CCR diver from Europe, shooting underwater with Gopro + LFM lights.
-
Hi everybody, my name is Midu and I am a 30 year old diver from based in Los Angeles, CA. I am originally from Germany (half German, half Egyptian heritage). I am traveling internationally on a regular bases for my dive hobby and recently picked up underwater photography.
I use a Olympus OMD mirror-less camera with Olympus housing, looking to upgrade to Nauticam, and 2 Sea&Sea strobe lights.
I recently came back from Cabo San Lucas, Cozumel and the Bahamas where I used my camera to try out my new hobby.
Leaving for my Dive Master to Belize or Galapagos in the end of June.
Any questions?
-
Hi there,
I'm trying to attempt to shoot underwater in a pool, would wanna learn more and research about getting to it.
From Singapore!
-
Greetings,
I am a professional underwater photographer from the film age who has been dragged kicking and screaming into the digital age. I used to run dive operations and underwater photo centers in the Caribbean for many years but now am based in Southern CA.
I work as an expedition leader/guide on small expedition cruise ships around the world.