Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. Diving, Diving, Diving!!! Hi all. I am Andy and I have been diving for 10 years with over 500 dives. We just got back from the Corn Islands in Nicaragua. It wasnt too bad at all. I look forward to being a productive member on wetpixel!

  2. Hello,

     

    I'm from Toulouse France.

    As a hobby I'm trainer in marine biology for divers.

    I'm crazy about shrimps & nudibranch.

     

    ~60 dives per year between Asia (Lembeh, Anilao, Raja Ampat), Maldives (Amis des maldives), Bonaire, Mediteranee (Banyuls, Llanca, Medes, Marseille, Malta) , Egypte.

     

    I started photography 5 years ago with S100 in recsea housing & no flash.

    After 1 year: 1 flash (YS-01)

    After 2 years: 2 flashs (2xYS-01) + G7x in recsea.

    After 3 years: CMC1 macro wet lens

     

    I'm thinking about switching to mirrorless like futur GX9.

    Perhaps Nauticam housing + 60mm macro + 8mm?

     

    I already read plenty of topics on this forum so thanks a lot!

     

     

  3. Hey guys

     

    I am Lee from the UK. I have been diving taking photographs for a while now looking to upgrade and learn more.

     

    Look forward to talking with you guys.

  4. Hi there! I've been diving & doing uw photography for 3 years - love to share tips/ideas.

  5. Hi, I live in Malawi (in Africa). Bought a camera and just started taking pics underwater a week ago.

  6. Norwegian diver trying to figure out how to take pictures under water checking in.

  7. Hi, I'm PT Hirschfield from Pink Tank Scuba (FB, Instagram, YouTube and www.pinktankscuba.com)

    I take marine life portraits, marine animal behaviour videos and write a monthly column for Dive Log Australasia.

    I dive most days of the week and a dive can be anything from 2-4 hours long - generally my camera battery runs out before my air does.

    I have OCD - Obsessive Compulsive Diving.

  8. Hi ! Brian here, from North Texas. I've been diving since 2002, had many point and shoot cameras over the years, now shooting OMD EM-5. Recently retired, hoping to improve my UW photo skills on as many dive trips as I can afford ! Cheers !

  9. Hello everyone!

    My name is Dania, I am portuguese, and I did my Dive Master in Australia as a underwater photographer. In total i worked there for 10 months and I was using a Canon 70D. now I will start to work as a freelancer, and I was wandering about which camera to buy. I have a Canon 100D, and my plan was to get a housing for it (since it's very light, and I do travel a lot). do you think that that would be enough, or would you recommend me to upgrade to something else? I welcome all your suggestions (even though probably I cannot afford a full frame, and it would be too heavy anyways!) :D

    Thank you so much!

    Dania

  10. Hi all!

    My name is Stefan, and i am from Denmark.

    I am a beginner at photography and videography.

    I am looking for the right equipment to replace my existing. And i dont understand why all brands focus on 4K video when 2.7K look very good on a 4K TV.

    The price is the frame rate 30fps is too slow, with 2.7K it should be possible with rodays equipment to record with 60fps

    Well i will look for answers other places in this forum

    Dive safe.

    Stefan

  11. Hi there,

     

    Adam Porter from the UK here. I've been using Canon Powershots and G series cameras underwater for a few years now but looking to take my Canon 5D MKIII underwater and came here looking for gear advice!

     

    Look forward to chatting to you all.

     

    Adam

  12. Hello world :-)

    my name is Eric and i like taking pictures and make movies underwater, i've been using an Panasonic GH4 with a Nauticam Housing.

     

    i started to make some 3D print parts for my setup and share it on https://www.thingiverse.com/videosub/designs

     

    thanks

    Éric

  13. Hi,

    My name is Sheri and I am from NYC.

  14. Good evening everyone

    I'm Sebastien from France.

    Diver and uderwater photographer since 2007 (I started diving in Australia)

    I usually dive local in the Mediterranean sea and sometines in Brittany.

    Occasionaly I do warm waters (Red Sea, Bali...)

    I've been diving with a rebreather since 2011.

    Looking forward to dive/talk to you

    Sebby

  15. Hello, I'm Aaron. I live and dive in the Pacific Northwest USA. Primarily I am a video shooter and I just upgraded my camera to a GH5. Looking forward to learning a lot about my camera and the underwater gear for it through the forums here.

  16. Hello, Im Christine. I have been an underwater photographer for many years, started in slide Film and moved to Digital. I shoot with Nikon cameras in Ikelite housings and am currently upgrading to the Nikon D500. Im very excited to learn from other members. Cheers!

  17. Thank you so much my friends good job

  18. Hi, I'm John. I rule.

  19. Hi, I'm John, I drool.

  20. Hi, I’m Sabrina. I live and work in Peoria, Il. I’m primarily a stills shooter and am looking to switch my system from Canon to Nikon this year. I just booked attempt number 3 with the orcas in Norway, second time this year! Three’s a charm I hope! Wish me luck!

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.