Appreciate the effort and hope this does not seem unduly negative, but I would say that it is hard to be very confident from the image quality provided and "clearly" vs "slightly" vs "slightly or equal" are very subjective. At least some differences could just as easily exist between different computer monitors and monitor settings. Also, unless all we are interested in is which optic works best with a specific camera and lens model, I think the differences could vary greatly depending on camera, lens model, the individual lens within model, subject shape and size, water quality and lighting. Format size and focal length could also make a difference because of resolution and depth of field. Can one really extrapolate these results to a M43 camera and lens?
Notably, Nauticam itself and the people who have used these products pretty consistently say WACP-1 is better than WACP-C, which is better than WWL-1, and that all are better than a dome, even assuming the right type of dome and a properly positioned lens, so I am unsure how far this get us.
Those kind of comparisons are not possible across systems as the master lens changes
The only reliable test is on Sony that uses the 28-60 for all adapters
I have seen a test made in Germany where WACP-1 is compares to WWL-1 on the same lens and then on 230 dome with 12-24
Those results indicate a gap between the wwl-1 and wacp of 2/3 of a stop. Not only the 12-24 is identical to the wwl-1 and rectilinear
In my opinion the construction of those 3 adapters is the same the optical elements are identical what changes is
Size
Mount
My take is as follows as foreword I have used the WWL-1 for years so for my A1 I will start from there and the reason is
1. WWL-1 shots for me are wide angle not cfwa and corners don’t matter that much
2. Weight matters I do also diving from ribs buses and walk sometimes with my rig for 1 km my set up with strobes is border line with video lights is heavy
3. Lot of corners issue go away with aspect ratio on MFT I shoot f5.6 and the corners are deeper. On 3:2 there is limited corner issue on 16:9 zero issue
4. I have already experienced that my rectilinear mft 8-18 is pretty much the same of the wwl1 but I have one stop penalty
If this proves to be the wrong choice for the A1 and looking at Shane Smith shots I doubt it I will reconsider
I don’t believe the dry mount benefit is as big as people make it but I do think the lens can be positioned better when you dont have a flat port so it is possible that the wacp are wider
I have seen several divers with WACP-1 un capable of independent water entry and exit and I am not going to be part of that group
And finally canon nikon and Panasonic full frame don’t have a wwl-1 option this is only a sony problem
So in conclusion I am aligned with Phil practical considerations matter more than pixel peeping in the corners
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


