Experiences - Sony A7Cii / A7CR

14 hours ago, Phil Rudin said:

Regarding all the talk about the max sync speed of 1/160th you could buy the UWTechnics Sony A7C/R flash trigger for Nauticam housing which is about $190.00US more than the Nauticam trigger and get HSS with your MF-2'S, Apollo III or Retra strobes using fiber plus other features like TTL with many other strobes. You need the same trigger to get above 1/250th with the A7R V so not a bad future upgrade.

For me the sync time isn't such a huge problem, you can deal with that too. Since I almost exclusively spend time in freshwater in Switzerland, I don't have to struggle with too much sunlight under the surface of the water.

Despite everything, I bought the Turtle with TTL for the flash trigger. It can also do HSS. My MF-2 can do this too. At the moment I'm still wondering whether sooner or later I'll replace my old INON's with two new flashes that can also handle HSS, TTL etc.

Until now I only had the manual Nauticam trigger. Especially for macro I would like to test TTL with the new Turtle, I think that should work with my two old INON's (Z-240 and D-2000) and the Turtle trigger.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/10/2024 at 9:50 AM, Tino Dietsche said:

On the subject of taking photos with a monitor, I have been working this way for more than three years now and have done over 160 dives with the setup. When I take photos, I see the image from the camera display 1:1 on the monitor. When I'm filming, I no longer have the settings, but I work with fixed settings and MF focus and that worked perfectly for me.
The alternative to the monitor would of course be a 45° angle viewfinder. But from my point of view, this cannot be used as flexibly as the monitor.
I also have Micro-HDMI on my A7III, so it's not new to me and hasn't been a problem to this day. In my opinion, the cable routing inside the camera is crucial.

Could you tell me more about your monitor set up? Looking at getting one fore an a7iv for video, and not fiding too much info on them for UW use. What is so crucial about the cable routing?

• 3 months later...
On 3/22/2024 at 10:13 PM, Tino Dietsche said:

I did it! And last night I was in the water for the first time...

Sony A7CII, Sony 90mm Macro F2.8G, Nauticam-Housing, MF-2 Flash

The photos are very sharp!nauticam A7CII can be used with N100-N120 37303?

Edited by boduoguo

• Thanks for your support!!

Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.