Generic replacement for Nauticam m67 port cap

HI all, a tale of woe (well, minor inconvenience)... I recently lost my port cap for an m67 port when surfacing from a dive. I replaced it at the end of the dive, waited for everyone else to board in the swell, and then handed up my rig.   Not long after, I noticed no cap... it wasn't on the boat, so it's lost.  Lesson learned on securing such vulnerable bits of kit.  

But my question is, does anyone have any ideas for a suitable replacement at better prices than a genuine replacement (£22)?  THe part is here: 

macro port cap

There's a huge selection of m67 caps out there, but any advice to help me get a "first time right" replacement that grips the port well gratefully received... I am sure i am not the first, nor the last to suffer this.   I've drawn a blank on old threads on WetPixel.

Cheers in advance

Justin

• Like 2

Hi Justin,

I can confirm that this cheap generic M67 cap bought on Amazon last year for a Yashica vintage lens, fits perfectly on my M67 Nauticam CMC-2...

https://www.amazon.it/Ares-coperchio-obiettivo-copriobiettivo-Fujifilm/dp/B078178P8W/ref=sr_1_3_sspa

The only "flaw" for our use case is that it does not have a hook for a lanyard but I am sure you can find it on Amazon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Walk into any camera store and buy the off brand caps - they however are very easily dislodged as is the genuine article,  I think tight fitting neoprene cylinder like a stubby cooler and attaching a lanyard to it might in fact be a better option.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Have someone 3D print out of TPU. Have a few made. Easily done.  The attached STL file has my name on the cap, but it can be removed(covered up). It fits the 67mm Nauticam port 45.

V3v Port 45 .stl

Edited by Tobyone
nauticam got spell checked to nautical.
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

This is what I went with in the end:

Ulbter 67mm lens cap cover

It comes in a twin pack, with two elasticated lanyards that slip nicely over the port to help guard against loss.  Fit is very snug.  You can also buy the elastic lanyards separately in case needed. 

Now I have one spare to put on my CMC, and all for about one third the price of an original...

Davide, there's a beer with your name it on it if we ever bump into each other. Cheers.

Edited by JustinO
typo
  • Thanks 1

• Thanks for your support!!

Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.