Nauticam discontinues N85 to N120 Metabones adapter

Part Number 36064 is used to connect Tokina 10-17 and Canon 8-15 to MFT cameras providing a unique fisheye zoom to MFT user

This has been discontinued

https://interceptor121.com/2019/11/02/fisheye-zoom-for-micro-four-thirds/

I have one for sale see classified

I am thinking I will be upping the price now!

Also avaialble zoom gear for 8-15 and custom adapter to use with metabones smart adapter

From where do you have this info? Maybe the demand was not there??

In case this is true this would really be a pity...☹️

I found the Canon 8-15mm (with 1x adapter and NA140 dome) and the Tokina 10-17mm (with both 1x and 0.71x adapter using the Zen DP100) extremely useful and well performing combinations for the MFT system. I really miss these angles of view now with my FF system...

I had two and one is sold. The other one is still in use by Lisi who uses now the EM1II...

Wolfgang

10 hours ago, Interceptor121 said:

I am thinking I will be upping the price now!

Also avaialble zoom gear for 8-15 and custom adapter to use with metabones smart adapter

I had a look at that ad as I'm thinking of going that way eventually and your asking price is already more than the price of a new one in Australia by $120, looks like the asking prices for Nauticam gear in the UK are particularly steep!

14 hours ago, Architeuthis said:

From where do you have this info? Maybe the demand was not there??

In case this is true this would really be a pity...☹️

I found the Canon 8-15mm (with 1x adapter and NA140 dome) and the Tokina 10-17mm (with both 1x and 0.71x adapter using the Zen DP100) extremely useful and well performing combinations for the MFT system. I really miss these angles of view now with my FF system...

I had two and one is sold. The other one is still in use by Lisi who uses now the EM1II...

Wolfgang

Nauticam importer here. The part is no longer listed. 

9 hours ago, Chris Ross said:

I had a look at that ad as I'm thinking of going that way eventually and your asking price is already more than the price of a new one in Australia by $120, looks like the asking prices for Nauticam gear in the UK are particularly steep!

When you are considering this, also consider the Tokina 10-17mm...

With MFT I was mostly using Canon 8-15mm with 1x adapter and NA140 (this gives very similar AOVs as the new Nauticam FCP on FF at excellent IQ).

As I continue do use the Canon 8-15mm and NA140 now with FF, Lisi is using the Tokina 10-17mm with Zen DP100 and both 1x and 0.71x adapters. This does not only give AOVs like the new FCP on FF (0.71x), but in addition one has the ability to switch to the 1x adapter and have AOVs very similar to WACP/WWL. This is incredible flexibility in a very small package. In case I would be still with MFT, this would be my only WA equipment, almost no need for anything else. Just for splits a bigger dome would be, of course, much better (it is possible to do splits with the DP100)...

=> I know, the Tokina 10-17mm is a lousy lens over the water. The UW performance is, however, almost a miracle - I am not able to tell a difference in IQ between photos made with Canon 8-15mm or Tokina 10-17mm (and IQ with the Canon is excellent)...

Wolfgang

Edited by Architeuthis

P.S.: I read on DPReview that the Metabones MFT/Canon adapters do not fit perfectly on the new OM-1 camera. Some abrasion on the adapters is required befpre they fit. I do not know whether it is true, but one should check this out, when thinking about OM-1...

Edited by Architeuthis

9 minutes ago, Architeuthis said:

I know, the Tokina 10-17mm is a lousy lens over the water. The UW performance is, however, almost a miracle

I agree with you, Wolfgang. The Tokina is amazing underwater - certainly with the DX sensor cameras that I have used. I can't say I liked it all with an FF Nikon D800. Horrible!

The only slight hesitation with the lens is the build quality. Over maybe 15 years I've had two of them and they have both had the same issue - the zoom ring detaches. This is user repairable with some tape but it is a bit of a shock first time around. I know too others have had the same issue and it's something to watch out for.

But IQ on sub-FF? Superb.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Architeuthis said:

P.S.: I read on DPReview that the Metabones MFT/Canon adapters do not fit perfectly on the new OM-1 camera. Some abrasion on the adapters is required befpre they fit. I do not know whether it is true, but one should check this out, when thinking about OM-1...

I'm aware of that issue, I have a Metabones adapter already and it has already been ground down which allows me to attach it to the camera. 5 minutes with a dremel style tool and touch is up with a black permanent marker.

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting the 36064 is no longer listed on the Nauticam site.  It is still shown on the Oz agent's site (Scubapix) at AUD 654 inc GST.

I have one which I will be selling soon, at a sensible price. I used it with Sony APS-C lenses, going 'off piste' from the Nauticam port chart.

It will be advertised on the correct page...! (probably along with heaps of other stuff inc Canon 8-15, Metabones V etc etc)

8 hours ago, dentrock said:

Interesting the 36064 is no longer listed on the Nauticam site.  It is still shown on the Oz agent's site (Scubapix) at AUD 654 inc GST.

I have one which I will be selling soon, at a sensible price. I used it with Sony APS-C lenses, going 'off piste' from the Nauticam port chart.

It will be advertised on the correct page...! (probably along with heaps of other stuff inc Canon 8-15, Metabones V etc etc)

Stock clearout

• Thanks for your support

Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.