Skip to content

Float arm construction in 3D printing

Featured Replies

Hi, one of my best conception 

 

image.png.c88c5d44862a9c3369a77205cad86612.png

 

I build 2 big arm to compensate the weight of my aluminium housing, the 2 lights bigblue and the 2 flash... at the pictures you see my old S2000 but now  since 1 an 1/2 year I have 2 retra pro

 

 

3D model
image.png.a213a091fdb7a6d6a5611b3982073d87.png

 

 

image.png.388f402c8e57a7b82fc9ea9796801649.png

Edited by CaolIla

Scuba.com
  • Author

View mounted with the the old gopro8 and the compas

image.png.f8b43df6b4e0e6e4631558907295d0c3.png

image.png.93158854a458e6beac82cbb15bbd9f07.png

  • Author

Hope this will give you some idea.

 

 

I made some new floating arm, but I 'don't have any picture.

The new one have the same shape but ... I build a tube to put the fiberoptic cable from the bottom to the top.... no more  risk 

Next step ist to make the same with the arms where I attached the flashs.

  • 2 weeks later...

I made 3d print design of a modular set of float blocks that fit over ULCS arms.

 

They work but are not better than high density foam blocks which I already have. They are more buoyant, but they also weigh more than foam out of water. It was really more of an experiment in making a water tight print, but not good enough that I use them.

  • Author

My idea was to have only the arms nothing else...  a minimum of components 

I'm happy with my solution . but now that I can print in PETG I will try make gain on the side of the weight.

 

The idea is to make a thin external structur and recover with carbon fiber and epoxy. 

Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.