Hello from Phuket

New member here. Built my first housing 49 years ago. Lived on a yacht for 23 years mostly in the South Pacific. Shot for Getty Images for 24 years. Got a Distinguished Talent Visa for Australia, sailed to Cairns, bought a house, married a Thai photographer and moved to Phuket where we have lived for 13 years. We have two cats... Built many housings over the years, the last was for a Nikon F4. Switched to Subeye reflex cameras then Nikon D200, D7000, D800 and now Nikon Z50 in Nauticam. I have recently been shooting swimming pools, particularly ove/under.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Welcome Pete.
I was working in Khao Lak for a few seasons and ended up staying over a year in Phuket during the pandemic (moving down there after the tambon lockdown was ancient memory...).
We did some shote diving there, and have great memories of the Kata Beach mimic octopus colony!

Really interesting macro in the area as well, a bit more difficult to find than further south, but great!

cheers

ben

Edited by bghazzal
  • Like 1