Goodbye Wetpixel, Hello Waterpixels!

Hi,

I'm Eric, a diver and aspiring underwater photographer currently living in the San Francisco Bay Area, though I plan on moving back home to Toronto in the summer. 

I started diving in 2018 and have logged around 260 dives since then (though I did pause for about a year and a half in the middle due to COVID). I got into underwater photography after my first year and have been hooked ever since. I'm currently shooting with a Nikon D850 with a pair of Ikelite DS232 strobes, as well as a Backscatter MF-1 for snoot photography, though I've been eyeing the Marelux snoots recently because I'm not a fan of dealing with the aperture cards needed for the MF-1 + OS-1 combo. Unfortunately, they don't seem to make a mount for my strobes...

I'm happy to see that a new alternative to Wetpixel has been created. Thank you to UWP Magazine for sharing the news!

Edited by Kamaros
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Oldtimer here ,been shooting photos underwater since 83

Bla Bla bla . Shot all the Nikonos junked Ikelight housing early on switched to aluminum housings in 86 and been thru a lot of then since then. Aquatica then lots of Subals now Nauticam. Done lots of diving in past 45 years from some  light commercial work to personal salvage but most is with a camera in hand. I have a few boats and a few compressors and am a certified tank inspector . Now i'm sticking to my D850 and until housings get lighter and small I'll stay with a mirror camera. I have been thru more Nikon lens that you can imagine over all those years.

Good to have a solid site that will not fade away now

• Like 3