Proven 3D printed Parts For Underwater Imaging

I just finished my Lensbaby Focus gear. It took 4 parts, but it works great. The lens is very simple and does NOT support autofocus or aperture control from the camera. Entirely manual. I made it for a friend that likes to experiment with these creative lenses.

1. Spacer to sit under the gear and raise it to the level of the Housing's cog.
  2. Gear with slots to engage the collar and turn the gear. Slides over the collar and supports the telescoping lens.
  3. TPU sleeve to grip the lens
  4. Collar with pegs to engage with the gear cylinder

LensBaby 56mm Focus (1) (Medium).jpg

LensBaby 56mm Focus (2) (Medium).jpg

LensBaby 56mm Focus (3) (Medium).jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I updated the first post with the latest links from this thread. 

If you want your project added just post a public valid link here.

Thank you all, this is becoming a terrific useful list!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Jochen said:

attached are measurements and printable file for a flexitray adaptor with integrated Swiss arca plate. Would be interested if anyone is using it! 

Link added

• 5 weeks later...

Another cold weekend here so I setup my gear with the printed adaptor plate for the Nauticam flexi tray. Even above water the setup is rock solid including the ball head. The tripod legs only just stay in place with the weight of the camera and light, but that should be no problem in-water. An issue might be to get low enough to the subject as the ball head adds quite a bit of height. Might have to look for a lower profile version of a ball head or even just use a "levelling ball head".

3D_Print_setup.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/21/2024 at 8:17 AM, Alex Tyrrell Dive4Photos said:

Hi has anyone printed a N100 Port Cover Female (Rear Port Cap) and would be willing to share the files so I could get some printed locally?

I think this should work. It works on my 3D printed N100 ports. I don't have an actual Nauticam port to try it on. Maybe get one printed first, and if it works well order more.

Edited by Davide DB
Wrong file: removed

• Thanks for your support!!

Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.