GoPro dethroned. Is Insta360 Ace Pro the new king of action cameras?

23 hours ago, Davide DB said:

IMO DJI has the biggest technological advantage over its competitors. It has crazy technology not only in drones but also in gimbals and cinema cameras. I don't know if you have seen what the DJI Ronin 4D is capable of.
Maybe they assess that the market is not mature for such a technological investment on an action camera or... we will have news at the next production cycle.

DJI Ronin 4D is really great and the lens system they developed is also outstanding. I saw many good stuff about the Osmo Pocket camera and I just found out, that even underwater housings exist:

https://garmade.com/en-de/products/for-dji-osmo-pocket-3-brdrc-40m-depth-waterproof-case-diving-housing-coverblack-handle

• Like 2

For those sticked to GoPro, I have a good news.

Your camera is good enough to shoot a movie to be screened in IMAX theaters, so it will surely be OK for couple of years to post clips filmed with it on your youtube channels

Skywalkers is a movie shot on a GoPro and will be screened in an IMAX theater.

https://ymcinema.com/2024/06/19/filmed-for-imax-on-a-gopro/

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Wow - AI augmented footage, or to quote the article Imax will "utilize its AI algorithm to explode the images".

Boom 💣
The revolution is well underway - guess we can go soon go back to shooting in 1080p and let AI do the rest (including bringing bleached coral back to life and turning that trout into a bull-shark perhaps?).

It will be interesting to see how we transition from capturing reality as best as we can to generating a computer-assisted reality we like better (and if we go all Black-Mirror, eventually choosing to see, inhabit and intereact in some sort of filtered and customized enhanced reality ).

Edited by bghazzal

8 minutes ago, hellhole said:

maybe in the future.. i only need to say what i saw and the AI will make the short video for me 🙂

from no-picture=didn't-happen  to  I-think-this-happened=picture 😁

• Haha 1

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.