GREAT Day from an avid shooter

GREETINGS to the members of this amazing site!

We only do liveaboards of which we've done nearly 32+ over the years! 

I've been a Nikon shooter for 48+ years and they've never let me down.  About 20 years ago (before 911) I was schlepping a weighty Nikon D200 DSLR, lens, strobes, batteries, arms, Ikelite housing, domes, chargers, and all accessories in a Pelican suitcase.  Every customs guy wanted to remove all the gear and place it on the customs tables.  Sheesh...what a chore! 

THEN, I discovered the Nikon J4, Nikon UW housing, and Nikon and a Sea and Sea strobe.  Many said this system was built to replace the obsolete Nikonos and RS systems.  It worked pretty well for a long time, but I recently sold it.

I've been on liveaboards where the photo people are shooting the Olympus TG-5,6, and now 7.  SO...I recently bought that camera with the Ikelite housing and the Olympus fisheye dome.  I haven't had it down under but looking forward to it.

The only downside to this new system is one of the new Sea and Sea strobes (YS-D2) malfunctioned, requiring sending to Sea and Sea in Long Beach.  

Remarkably, I cannot get Sea and Sea to acknowledge the receipt of the defective unit NOR even acknowledge me!  I met the Sea and Sea President, the Manager of Customer Servicer, and the International Sales Manager at DEMA.  They all assured me they would take care of this issue.  I've send 3 detailed request letters to Sea and Sea President, their Manager of Customer Service, and their International Sales Manager.  NONE of them have responded.

THIS is NOT the kind of Customer Service I am used to but hopefully they will read about my difficulties here.

That's my intro and I'm eager to get into Waterpixels!

• Like 1

Hey GrtDay! it's Grt to have you with us! We hope you really like the forum and find it a great source of info and help.

Sea and Sea strobes? Hmmmmmm..... seen lots of reports of "issues".

• 2 weeks later...