[documentary] Wild Isles - BBC

Davide DB

OK, I am late to the party as this series of five documentaries aired on the BBC in March 2023. But today in another thread,  @Nikolausz pointed me to the fourth episode of this series, the one about freshwater, and I couldn't miss the fifth episode "Oceans".
I thought that with the last Blue Planet we had reached the pinnacle of what was possible to film and narrate underwater, but instead the BBC proved me wrong once again.

The challenge was even more difficult with the rough waters of the North Atlantic, but with the stories and incredible images collected, the BBC crew demonstrated that the richness of the Atlantic has nothing to envy of tropical seas.

As usual, each episode ends with a BTS and this one is entirely dedicated to the British cameraman Doug Anderson and the self-made equipment for some special shots. Anderson felt a lot of responsibility for the shoot as he played entirely at home for once.

The series is available on the BBC's iPlayer and also on Amazon Prime in various countries around the world.

I leave you with a review from the Guardian and 7 minutes of marine relaxation with footage from this episode.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2023/mar/12/wild-isles-review-david-attenborough-beautiful-tour-of-britain-is-unmissable-tv

• Like 3

• Thanks for your support!!

Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.