Singapore stop over

Doing a trip to Egypt, Maldives and Lembeh in March and have to stay overnight at SIN 2nts in order to get flights to line up. Any suggestions on moderately priced Hotels at or around SIN would be appreciated. When in Jakarta, always use FM7 and looking for something similar. Diving photographers always travel with too much stuff, want to make it smooth.

You probably won't find anything at the price of the FM7 in Singapore. It's quite an expensive place.  I travel there quite a bit for work but the hotels I use would probably be a bit too pricey for what you want.   Likewise food can be expensive, but the hawker centres and food courts can provide great food at reasonable prices even in the tourist areas.

You can be in downtown SIngapore in your hotel within a little over an hour from landing and a taxi to Orchard road is around $S30 or so and getting around when you are there via MRT is quite easy.  Just be aware there are some taxis that don't take credit cards - the guy at the taxi queue will ask you.  You probably don't want to take the MRT from the airport if you have a lot of luggage, they can get quite crowded.

• Like 1

On the budget side, I'd stayed at the Ibis Budget in Clarke Quay a few years back and that was quite alright for the price, considering it's Singapore

Our main port of call in the area is actually Kuala Lumpur, which is a bit more messy, but also more budget friendly and a bit more fun for us (and the food is amazing - like in Singapore, it's a mix of Chinese / Malay / Tamil-Indian, but they've started incorporating Levantine food as well since the population movements caused by the Syrian civil war. It's taking a unique local twist... )
Can't help more on Singapore you need any tips on KL don't hesitate.

Edited by bghazzal
  • Like 1

If you are just one night, bite the bullet and take hotel from the airport. Yotel is cheaper than Crowne Plaza and its still easily accessible from the terminal. Im also assuming you are taking the morning Scoot flight to MDC.

Going to the city might save you close to a 100$ in hotel price, but you need to spend close to that in taxi's ect.

One option could be leaving luggage at the airport (even better if its checked through to MDC), it costs under 20SGD per item. Then just take MRT with HBO (i wouldnt go with alot of luggage) to somewhere like Aljunied station (before the city coming from airport) for semi-decent hotel for the night. And not too far away to catch the moning flight.

Edited by Sokrates
  • Like 1

• Thanks for your support!!

Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.