Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Martin Edge's The Underwater Photographer - new 4th edition

Started by Alex_Mustard ·

  • 166Posts
  • 166Replies

Read-only discussion

Martin Edge's The Underwater Photographer - new 4th edition

166 posts
  1. I received a copy early this week and have read through several chapters. I am just amazed at the wealth of information in this book and the way the information is presented. I haven't read the previous editions, but can see why everyone is so eager. Great job!

  2. p.s. Spoke to Martin the other day and, Steve, he reckons that you were the first person to get a copy (after him)!

     

    The magic of "next day air" ;) You all have fun at the meeting tonight. Tell Martin thanks for all the hard work.

     

    Cheers,

    Steve

  3. Oh to have options like "Next Day Air" - unfortunately out here Dreams are Free! ;)

    Edited by RedSeaDiver
  4. Fantastic edition. Thank you to everyone who is involved.

  5. Got mine too, and it's looking good!

    Nick

  6. WooHooo! Just opened my box and settling in for a nice evening read!!!!!

  7. The joys of living in the middle of... nowhere. It's interesting watching the tracking when you get something sent DHL from NYC - it goes to Kentucky, then Frankfurt, then Dubai, Bangkok, Singapore, Perth (all in about 3 days) and then it takes at least another week after clearing customs to reach me. We only get deliveries on Wednesdays which doesn't help. So 6 weeks for Amazon's regular international shipping sounds about right.

     

    I did see something on Amazon last night about another book from Martin that is due out in May.

     

     

    <<I did see something on Amazon last night about another book from Martin that is due out in May.>>

     

    5th Edition? ;)

  8. Just received my addition today here in Kalifornia ... wow... Looks great and full of new information. Thanks for the great work!

    Steve

  9. I cancelled my Amazon order.

     

    Only because I got a copy signed by the man himself at BSOUP last night:D

     

    Sean

  10. Just canceled my Amazon UK order-and have ordered it from the States

     

    Amazon UK are still not actually giving a lead time-the last deadline of 15-17th Feb passed, and they haven't updated it yet!

     

    Adam

  11. Here are a couple of photos from last night's BSoUP meeting. Excellent turnout, I don't know the official number, but it must have been close to 100 underwater photographers.

     

    Martin signed lots of books:

    post-713-1266485618.jpg

     

    Here is my copy - I think the note says "F8 and a big bank account to get to all the hot places first" (not really).

    post-713-1266485626.jpg

     

    Alex

     

    p.s. I am also excited that the picture that is right at the start of this thread is actually in the book! Page 407. ;)

    Edited by Alex_Mustard
  12. Just canceled my Amazon UK order-and have ordered it from the States

     

    Amazon UK are still not actually giving a lead time-the last deadline of 15-17th Feb passed, and they haven't updated it yet!

     

    Adam

     

    According to the publishers at last nights meeting the copies they were selling are pre-release and there will be no copies available on Amazon for about a month.

     

    Daniel

  13. It's finally here!!!!! My copy was waiting for me when I got home yesterday. It is definately big!

    Mike

  14. It's finally here!!!!! My copy was waiting for me when I got home yesterday. It is definately big!

    Mike

     

    It certainly is! I ordered the new paperback version from Amazon and thought they had sent the hardcover by mistake when I was handed the box. Heavy!

  15. It certainly is! I ordered the new paperback version from Amazon and thought they had sent the hardcover by mistake when I was handed the box. Heavy!

     

    Not only did my copy arrive yesterday I got a $14 refund from Amazon for price protection...Maybe because it's not a hard cover?

     

    Great read so far, but lots of typos. Martin, you need to hire me to proof your proofers! ;-)

     

    Greetings from Amazon.com.

     

    We're writing to let you know we processed your refund of $14.87 for your Order xxxxxxx

     

    This refund is for the following item(s):

     

    Item: The Underwater Photographer, Fourth Edition

    Quantity: 1

    ASIN: 0240521641

    Reason for refund: Pre-order price protection

     

    Here's a the breakdown of your refund for this item:

     

    Item Refund: $13.58

    Item Tax Refund: $1.29

    Edited by ramaroodle
  16. Not only did my copy arrive yesterday I got a $14 refund from Amazon for price protection...Maybe because it's not a hard cover?

     

    Interesting. Did you order the hard cover and receive the paperback, or order just before the paperback was released?

     

    I specifically ordered the paperback version which would have cost less than the hard cover on Amazon. The other interesting part is that I received it the day before Amazon's release date.

  17. Interesting. Did you order the hard cover and receive the paperback, or order just before the paperback was released?

     

    I specifically ordered the paperback version which would have cost less than the hard cover on Amazon. The other interesting part is that I received it the day before Amazon's release date.

     

     

    This is my original order from November 25th. The current price is $26.37

     

    Items Ordered Price

    1 of: The Underwater Photographer, Fourth Edition [Paperback]

    By: MARTIN EDGE

    Condition: New

    Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC

    $39.95

     

     

    Item(s) Subtotal: $39.95

    Shipping & Handling: $3.99

    -----

    Total Before Tax: $43.94

    Sales tax: $4.18

    -----

    Total for this Shipment: $48.12

    -----

     

    Items Ordered Price

    1 of: The Underwater Photographer, Fourth Edition [Paperback]

    By: MARTIN EDGE

    Condition: New

    Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC

    $39.95

     

     

    Item(s) Subtotal: $39.95

    Shipping & Handling: $3.99

    -----

    Total Before Tax: $43.94

    Sales tax: $4.18

    -----

    Total for this Shipment: $48.12

    -----

    Edited by ramaroodle
  18. This is my original order from November 25th. The current price is $26.37

     

    I paid $39.95. It seems the difference here is that you pre-ordered and I didn't. Regardless, I've spoken to Amazon and arranged a refund of the difference because the price dropped dramatically so soon after purchase. Thanks for the heads-up!

  19. Here you go... received the same refund I guess because of pre-order. Would love a signed copy but am happy with crazy discount ;)

     

    Greetings from Amazon.com.

     

    You saved $13.58 with Amazon.com's Pre-order Price Guarantee!

     

    The price of the item(s) decreased after you ordered them, and we gave you the lowest price.

     

    The following title(s) decreased in price:

     

    The Underwater Photographer, Fourth Edition

    Price on order date: $39.95

    Price charged at shipping: $39.95

    Lowest price before release date: $26.37

    Amount to be refunded: $13.58

    Quantity: 1

    Total Savings: $13.58

  20. I got an email advising of the refund too which was a nice surprise. I'm not even sure if it is available in hardcover?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.