Do you use your GoPro (or other action camera) to take photos underwater?

I have been using my action cameras almost exclusively for videos but few weeks ago I was experimenting with remote controlling my GoPro 12 and decided to give a try to photography. I placed my GP12+AOI on a tripod and stayed on the bank of the river waiting for the fish. I used burst mode (10 photos) and so far, I'm happy with the results. What do you think?

G0080346_r.jpg

G0520800_r.jpg

G0341491_r2.jpg

G0430701_r.jpg

G0462232_r2.jpg

G0822596_r2.jpg

G0480759_-r.jpg

• Like 1

Pretty cool! 

If you have the editing software, I'd suggest having a go at Clarity and Dehaze on the area of the images which are above the water. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TimG said:

Pretty cool! 

If you have the editing software, I'd suggest having a go at Clarity and Dehaze on the area of the images which are above the water. 

Thanks. For a long while I haven't done any serious photo editing. It's from the jpeg but I also have the raw file, so the picture could be further improved.

I stopped mounting my gopro to the top of my housing. I realized I was recording so much footage I never touched and it was just taking up storage space. 

Now I just hit the video button on my housing to quickly grab video from the main camera. 

I've used mine a bunch for photos.  In good light, they can come out really good.  I also use them for close ups with video lights.  About as cheap and durable as it gets, and very easy to swim long distances with.  If only they would work with strobes...on dives when photography or video is not the point, I always just clip it to the BC.  One never knows what they will see.  I also love using it for time lapse (on a tripod like you did).  That plus a gorrila pod holder is hours of fun video/stills/timelapse.

5 hours ago, Nikolausz said:

Thanks. For a long while I haven't done any serious photo editing. It's from the jpeg but I also have the raw file, so the picture could be further improved.

A simple curves adjustments would do wonders, for most of them just pulling the curve down makes a big difference.

17 hours ago, Davide DB said:

How did you do that?

The classic wi-fi hack?

yes, the good old wi-fi hack

16 hours ago, Chris Ross said:

A simple curves adjustments would do wonders, for most of them just pulling the curve down makes a big difference.

I will try

• Thanks for your support!!

Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.