Remote triggering an Inon Z240

Folks, i have an old Inon Z240 sitting around now, not getting as much use as I have moved to the Supe D-Pros.

Was thinking of using it for backlighting for some shots but am not sure if it is going to get triggered in the water by my main strobes going off.   Have any of you tried doing so and if so, what has worked and hasn’t worked?

(I will obviously experiment myself, but figured it would be nice to learn from people who have already tried this, as a starting point).

TIA!

the inon's photocell is very sensitive, you only need to remove the protective cap, you can place your inon 240 on a tripod or stick, as soon as it receives the light from your main strobe , it will be activated immediately.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Giancarlo M. said:

the inon's photocell is very sensitive, you only need to remove the protective cap, you can place your inon 240 on a tripod or stick, as soon as it receives the light from your main strobe , it will be activated immediately.

I can confirm that. During a diving liveboard a diver had an Inon Flash with a broken fiber connector on the side of the strobe. 

Result when I took some picture of it... I had problems... his strobe allways fired ... 

• Like 2

• Thanks for your support!!

Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.