DJI OSMO ACTION 5 PRO Camera

It seems a solid upgrade.

The audio seems fantastic and the possib6to pair it directly with their external mics.

Underwater video seems good. BTW sharks clip @13:35 isn't natural light but I think is an edit mistake.

P.S. 

And many kudos to the snorkelist 😁

• Like 2

It does look good - not mind blowing revolutionary-good to the point that I would feel the need to buy it, but certainly a worthy, solid contender.
Wonder what the UW footage would look like with a filter and manual white-balance in post, as always...

Out of the 3 main acion cam brands, I'm partial to DJI.
I've been thinking about switching to their action cams in the future since the Action3, seems a little less gadgety - for lack of a better word - and maybe a little better thought-out than GoPro and the Insta360 (but of course their is some serious confirmation bias at play here 😉), and in softer price range than GoPros.

But as shocking a denial of the GAS syndrome as it may sound, I haven't felt a radical urge to upgrade my GoPro 7 blacks yet (although the swelling batteries are really starting to drive me nuts...).

Last action cam purchase was my already obsolete AOI wide lens a few months back. When the GP7 are finally put to rest (and they are getting there after years of use), big chance I will become a DJI user

Edited by bghazzal
  • Like 2

• The title was changed to DJI OSMO ACTION 5 PRO Camera
11 hours ago, Davide DB said:

It seems a solid upgrade.

The audio seems fantastic and the possib6to pair it directly with their external mics.

Underwater video seems good. BTW sharks clip @13:35 isn't natural light but I think is an edit mistake.

P.S. 

And many kudos to the snorkelist 😁

Number one rule for successful underwater youtube channel: you need a good looking snorkelist

• Haha 1

The long battery life sounds really good. I would be happy with 3 hours 4K, so I don't have to think about some extra battery solutions for my GoPro.

It seems to be compatible with the Action 4 housing, which means that AOI adapter and lenses are also available for Action 5 Pro

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nikolausz said:

It seems to be compatible with the Action 4 housing, which means that AOI adapter and lenses are also available for Action 5 Pro

On Potato Jet video he is using a Smallrig frame that I think is for the Action 4.

I read many interesting features for diving compared to GoPro…

also weatherproof at 20 mt it’s good for snorkeling, free diving and spearfishing.

and I think will give more protection in case flooding during a dive.

and I’m Really curious to check video in low light.

This new dji made me thinking about to sell my gopro11..

when I read improved battery but with compatibility with the old one… I laughed at GoPro new batteries! 

• Like 1

• Thanks for your support

Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.