Skip to content

Marelux Double Flip Holder Question

Featured Replies

I recently saw that Marelux has introduced their own double flip holder with a novel feature, for wet lenses. I am/was interested in this, and specifically, whether the Nauticam threaded spacer ring would be necessary to use Nauticam lenses like the MFO and SMC with the holder and if so, whether the standard spacer ring would work on the holder (it does not, for example, fit on an AOI or Saga holder; they require a different spacer). I contacted Marelux and half-expected them to say they had not tested Nauticam products on their flip holder, which would be understandable. Instead, they just responded to me with a link to the website product page and a note that I was "welcome to check." Perhaps mentioning I wanted to use Nauticam products on their holder was a mistake.

I then spoke to a Nauticam dealer I deal with often, in case they had any info and of course, was told they had no idea about the Marelux product, which I pretty much expected. So I reached out to a Marelux dealer who also sells Nauticam, and asked about it. I was told the Marelux double flip holder only works with the Marelux brand wet lenses, which seemed odd, since all these products have a 67mm thread, but whatever.

So I thought I would ask here in case anyone, perhaps Phil Rudin, could confirm what I was told or provide other info, mostly just out of curiosity at this point.

Kraken Sports

Hi John,

I am Marelux Senior Advisor and I can assure you that both Marelux and Nauticam in this case were wrong. I used the NA-flip with MX & NA C/U lenses until it broke on my last trip to Bali. Both NA & MX C/U and MV-60/MFO3 are in fact interchangeable between system flip adapters as well from both manufactures. They have different ways of making the spacers but both with respective spacers can also be direct mounted to ANY 67mm flat port.

The newly designed Marelux double flip has the advantage of the Patented hydraulically balanced damping system which flips smoothly without sagging and has an optimized sealed rotating shaft which allows smooth rotation without jamming after thousands of flips.

Photos shown are the Marelux Sony A7R VI housing with Sony 100mm macro port and double flip with Nauticam SMC-1 and Marelux MV-60. Also shown is the housing with MV-60 and MV-10 +10 C/U lens and the new double flip with the older style MX-single flip adapter.

IMG_7249.jpgIMG_7253.jpg

IMG_7233.jpg

IMG_7247.jpg

  • Author

Phil:

Well, that all makes sense and was the question that no one seemed able to answer. In one of your shots you show an SMC mounted on the Marelux flip and sitting nearby is the spacer ring. I take it the NA lenses work correctly on the flip without a spacer?

I was intrigued by the hydraulic aspect and that's what got me looking at this and interested in getting one.

It works without the ring on the Marelux flip just as it would on a Nauticam flip. The $299.00 price is attractive as well.

  • Author

👍

By the way, as soon as I can get around to it, I will post a brief review on the forum of my testing of the Flexibuoy.

  • 1 month later...
On 8/6/2026 at 2:40 PM, Phil Rudin said:

Hi John,

I am Marelux Senior Advisor and I can assure you that both Marelux and Nauticam in this case were wrong. I used the NA-flip with MX & NA C/U lenses until it broke on my last trip to Bali. Both NA & MX C/U and MV-60/MFO3 are in fact interchangeable between system flip adapters as well from both manufactures. They have different ways of making the spacers but both with respective spacers can also be direct mounted to ANY 67mm flat port.

The newly designed Marelux double flip has the advantage of the Patented hydraulically balanced damping system which flips smoothly without sagging and has an optimized sealed rotating shaft which allows smooth rotation without jamming after thousands of flips.

Photos shown are the Marelux Sony A7R VI housing with Sony 100mm macro port and double flip with Nauticam SMC-1 and Marelux MV-60. Also shown is the housing with MV-60 and MV-10 +10 C/U lens and the new double flip with the older style MX-single flip adapter.

IMG_7249.jpgIMG_7253.jpg

IMG_7233.jpg

IMG_7247.jpg

Hi Phil,

I have a question about the MX double flip. How is it actually screwed onto the M67 threads of a flat port? Is there a tool that comes with it? I would be attaching it to an AOI FLP-02P port.

Thanks.

Yes it should fit and it does come with the mounting tool. The threaded part is built-in.

1 minute ago, Phil Rudin said:

Yes it should fit and it does come with the mounting tool. The threaded part is built-in.

Thanks. Another question, though. The MX double flip has detent pins that keep it from rotating on the port. Do you know if these will work with my AOI port? I currently have a Nauticam single flip holder and their detent pins do work on my port.

Our pins are threaded stainless Allen screws. If they don’t fit you can just backed them up.

4 minutes ago, Phil Rudin said:

Our pins are threaded stainless Allen screws. If they don’t fit you can just backed them up.

Actually, I want them to fit. Any way to get a measurement from pin to pin before I purchase?

Hello,

I’d like to ask a question: based on what you’ve said, it seems possible to mount the MX double flip on ports other than Marelux or Nauticam—for instance, would it be compatible with S&S ports that have an M67 thread? How does the protrusion of the CMC-1 lens fit relative to the thread? I’m looking at double-flip holders to mount Nauticam lenses on S&S ports.

Many thanks.

16 hours ago, Adrian Gresores said:

Thank you so much.

9 hours ago, canislupus said:

Hello,

I’d like to ask a question: based on what you’ve said, it seems possible to mount the MX double flip on ports other than Marelux or Nauticam—for instance, would it be compatible with S&S ports that have an M67 thread? How does the protrusion of the CMC-1 lens fit relative to the thread? I’m looking at double-flip holders to mount Nauticam lenses on S&S ports.

Many thanks.

I can answer you both, first if you look up the thread you can see the double flip being used with the current style of NA wet C/U lenses, in this case SMC-1 which has the same design as CMC lenses.I will post the image again. Like other manufactures we have several ways to mount our MV-+5.10 and 15 close-up lenses. First is direct mount with an included 67mm adapter. Second is a bayonet quick release photo on the macro port. This design came be removed and reinstalled or swapped for a different power. We also have a wet lens holder with a ball head if you want to attach it to your housing. This system also works with MX wet wide lenses. The flip adapter comes in one, tow or three lens designs. The photos include the tool used to secure all flip holders and the quick release, the stainless screw that alines the flip with the width of about 2.6mm. If you measure the your NA & S&S macro ports you can get an idea if it will fit straight out of the box or if it would need a little DYI. The gunk on the threads is a lubricant to avoid binding of the screw when moving it in and out. I hope this helps.

54133A58-6FE4-4C1C-944F-D0DFFEFFD578_1_102_o.jpg

IMG_7253.jpg

EA57D4EA-18FA-40D3-854C-4CF1F93C9BA0_1_102_o.jpg

B2A13FCB-13A0-4236-B2C6-80EB3BE44EA9_1_102_o.jpg

3113D06A-B0FA-419C-A32E-44B1847542C8_1_102_o.jpg

56CC79D1-3AB5-46B1-A0C9-A397AB609E7D_1_102_o.jpg

14 minutes ago, Phil Rudin said:

I can answer you both, first if you look up the thread you can see the double flip being used with the current style of NA wet C/U lenses, in this case SMC-1 which has the same design as CMC lenses.I will post the image again. Like other manufactures we have several ways to mount our MV-+5.10 and 15 close-up lenses. First is direct mount with an included 67mm adapter. Second is a bayonet quick release photo on the macro port. This design came be removed and reinstalled or swapped for a different power. We also have a wet lens holder with a ball head if you want to attach it to your housing. This system also works with MX wet wide lenses. The flip adapter comes in one, tow or three lens designs. The photos include the tool used to secure all flip holders and the quick release, the stainless screw that alines the flip with the width of about 2.6mm. If you measure the your NA & S&S macro ports you can get an idea if it will fit straight out of the box or if it would need a little DYI. The gunk on the threads is a lubricant to avoid binding of the screw when moving it in and out. I hope this helps.

54133A58-6FE4-4C1C-944F-D0DFFEFFD578_1_102_o.jpg

IMG_7253.jpg

EA57D4EA-18FA-40D3-854C-4CF1F93C9BA0_1_102_o.jpg

B2A13FCB-13A0-4236-B2C6-80EB3BE44EA9_1_102_o.jpg

3113D06A-B0FA-419C-A32E-44B1847542C8_1_102_o.jpg

56CC79D1-3AB5-46B1-A0C9-A397AB609E7D_1_102_o.jpg

Phil,

That is great info. Can I ask for one more favor? Could you measure from pin to pin, like on this Nauticam flip?

20260920_130841~2.jpg

1 hour ago, Adrian Gresores said:

Phil,

That is great info. Can I ask for one more favor? Could you measure from pin to pin, like on this Nauticam flip?

20260920_130841~2.jpg

The Nauticam flip has pins that are vertical and the Marelux "pins" are threaded so they can be adjusted up and down or removed completely.

B872FE60-90D9-4837-BD3F-BFD8BF4056C3_1_102_o.jpg

Just now, Phil Rudin said:

The Nauticam flip has pins that are vertical and the Marelux "pins" are threaded so they can be adjusted up and down or removed completely.

B872FE60-90D9-4837-BD3F-BFD8BF4056C3_1_102_o.jpg

Perfect. Thanks.

On 9/20/2026 at 2:36 PM, Phil Rudin said:

The Nauticam flip has pins that are vertical and the Marelux "pins" are threaded so they can be adjusted up and down or removed completely.

B872FE60-90D9-4837-BD3F-BFD8BF4056C3_1_102_o.jpg

By the way, I want to thank you for getting all those details for me. I just ordered one today.

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.