External Monitor Functinality: Camera Trigger?

I've been looking at extenal underwater monitors but so far I haven't been able to find an external monitor that has a button which can also trigger the camera to take a picture. Does this feature exist for certain external underwater monitor or do none of them have it? I'd like to hold my camera underwater off a boat by just the monitor and trigger it from the monitor without having to reach down to the housing. 

6 hours ago, Barmaglot said:

If your camera supports it, maybe try using a housed phone as a monitor/remote control? This thread indicates that it works: https://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?/topic/71511-use-smartphone-as-monitor/

That's a fantastic idea, thank you for the suggestion! Unfortuarely I signed up for wetpixel just after they stopped approving new members so I can't see the post but will do more research online.

Edited by brightnight

27 minutes ago, brightnight said:

Unfortuarely I signed up for wetpixel just after they stopped approving new members so I can't see the post but will do more research online.

I'll try to quote:

I want to share my setup so maybe some can benefit form this.

I have a Nauticam housing with a GH5 and bought recently a Divefolk underwaterhousing for my smartphone.

On land I sometimes use the Panasonic Sync app to control the GH5 and this works via wifi and wanted to try this underwater. I know the wifi signal doesn't travel more than a couple of centimeters underwater but by mounting the Divefolk housing on the back of the Nauticam the screen from the housing is very close to the glass from the smartphone housing. Therefor there is no metal between them and the signal is only "blocked" by the small passage of water between the two.

So now I have the best of two worlds: a cheap monitor for my housing and a small travel underwaterhousing for the "non diving" holidays 

20231011_183404.jpg

20231011_183421.jpg

This is sweet. What is the performance and reliability of Wifi? I bought the same Divevolk but with their wifi bridge but never tried it. Sony A1 

The wifi works ok. But as I mentioned the glass of the Divevolk housing is very close to the viewing window of the Nauticam.

• Like 1

• Thanks for your support

Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.