Everything posted by CCRphoto
-
New Sony Fish Eye
Not mine unfortunately😀 Belongs to a friend of mine who lives in China who received his today - I will get some pics from him as soon as possible.
-
New Sony Fish Eye
This is what you are looking for - they've just started shipping -
-
New Sony Fish Eye
I think that Nauticam have released a port for the new Sony Zoom Fisheye, but it doesn't seem to have made it on to their website yet.
-
Laowa 35mm F2.8 macro lens will be released in about a week
Many thanks once again!
-
Laowa 35mm F2.8 macro lens will be released in about a week
Cheers - will look at the port options and use it with a wide angle port that I will have to buy anyway - probably the 180mm
-
Laowa 35mm F2.8 macro lens will be released in about a week
Interesting - and I will find Alex's curved port clip. Does the external focussing / lens lengthening cause any problems with a dome port?
-
Any experience with the Zeiss 50mm Makro on Sony E?
OK cheers!
-
Laowa 35mm F2.8 macro lens will be released in about a week
The Sony product specialist was demonstrating it to me at SonyScene in Melbourne last weekend - he was struggling to autofocus close to 1:1 when starting a focus bracket run so I thought that the AF must be pretty ordinary. Judging by your comments I will have to try it myself to see what I think.
-
Any experience with the Zeiss 50mm Makro on Sony E?
Have you ever tried fitting the 50mm to your FF Sony to see what the sensor coverage is like?
-
Any experience with the Zeiss 50mm Makro on Sony E?
OK well hurry up with your purchase then so as the new wizzbang 50mm macro is out by the Black Friday sales!😃
-
Any experience with the Zeiss 50mm Makro on Sony E?
How well does it cover a FF sensor? I'm still looking for a 50mm macro and tried out the Sony FF 50mm F2.8 macro at the SonyScene event last weekend - even on an A7RVI the autofocus was... unimpressive.
-
New Sony Fish Eye
Most likely person would be Alex Mustard - maybe check his youtube site
-
Using the Canon EF 50mm f/2.5 Behind a 140mm Dome Port — Experience with Canon R5 & Marelux
50mm and slow autofocus seem to go hand in hand... Sony... Canon...
-
Laowa 35mm F2.8 macro lens will be released in about a week
I would prefer a 50mm macro with fast autofocus, but...
-
Laowa 35mm F2.8 macro lens will be released in about a week
It does seem to be rather more difficult than I would have expected! Alas an APS-C solution won't work for what I want to do unfortunately. MFO-3 or MV60 might end up being the best available answer. Cop the $ price but gain the flexibility.
-
Laowa 35mm F2.8 macro lens will be released in about a week
Any suggestions for a 1:1 or 1:2 50mm macro for Sony FF? The Sony 50mm F2.8 macro is 10 years old and the AF is very slow by today's standards.
-
Questions for Laowa?
OK I'm back home from the SonyScene event in Melbourne. I've asked the questions about the Laowa AF FE and the Laowa importer has taken the question on notice and will get back to me. I was talking to a Sony product specialist though, and he said that in general fisheye lenses designed for purely for mirrorless wouldn't be able to accept a teleconvertor due to them being designed for short distances between the sensor and the back of the lens. Basically it physically just won't all fit. The SonyScene event was very worthwhile attending. I only went on the Sunday as the weather in Melbourne on Saturday was crap - it started with a 4 point something earthquake early on Saturday morning and then the day just got worse from there! On the Sunday though I was able to run some tests with their product specialists at the tech bar using focus bracketing on the A7RVI with a few different macro lenses which gave me some great data on frames per second, number of images needed to go from 1:1 to infinity etc etc. - it was highly worthwhile going. Lots of interesting presentations too, and some really great pricing on cameras and lenses etc.
-
Laowa 35mm F2.8 macro lens will be released in about a week
Yes - rather a disappointment at the moment. Laowa did release a firmware update for the their 180mm macro lens that apparently allows "limited" autofocus in macro distances... so there could be some improvements to come for the 35mm too.
-
Laowa 35mm F2.8 macro lens will be released in about a week
You beat me to it - just saw this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM7olPzR3sM
-
Laowa 35mm F2.8 macro lens will be released in about a week
#1 - unknown yet, but unfortunately most of Laowa's macro lenses are manual focus unfortunately #2 - I'm leaning towards it being FF as it was being tested on a Nikon Z9 - but the Z9 probably has an APS-C mode of course That dome certainly looks interesting!
-
Laowa 35mm F2.8 macro lens will be released in about a week
Possibly a bit of an oddball lens, but Laowa are releasing a 35mm F2.8 macro lens in about a week's time - no other details as yet such as whether it is 1x or 2x etc.
-
Advice on a Carry-On Camera Backpack
For anyone looking to go the @bvanant route with a reasonably priced backpack and then add padded dividers to suit, this bag might be of interest - https://www.temu.com/au/-2-in-1-detachable-carry-on-backpack-flight-approved-splits-into-two-bags-for-travel-56l-laptop-backpack-fits-17-inch-laptop-g-605520660375912.html Splits into two bags - one for the camera gear, and a second one for under the seat to carry laptop etc.
-
Questions for Laowa?
1st question on the list!😀
-
New to this community
Greetings from Tasmania, Australia where we have somewhat similar temperate to cold diving conditions.
-
Questions for Laowa?
As I mentioned in another thread, I'm attending a Sony event in a week's time, and Laowa are also going to be there. If anyone has any questions that they want me to put to Laowa please let me know.