NEW - Backscatter Hybrid Flash

3 hours ago, DiverDawn said:

Friends tried the new hybrid flashes out at the Digital Shootout.  The photos were pretty and they raved about the soft, even lighting.  They ordered them right away.  I’m more hesitant as the only flash I’ve any experience with is the MF2.  The only complaint I’ve heard so far has been expressed here; the dials can be hard to operate with heavy gloves in cold water.  The 3D printed dial cover is a great work around.   

My 3D print design for the HF-1 Power Knob slip over cover:

https://makerworld.com/models/610783

HF-1 Power Knob [DLH].jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, johnvila said:

The joys of living in "paradise" - quotation to send two knob to Vanuatu - USD 236!!!!! Any members in Australia with 3D printer?

Cheers

John

See if there is a local "maker space" at your community center, library, high school or university. The plans are available online and anyone can print them for you.

• Like 2

On 9/4/2024 at 2:01 PM, Dave_Hicks said:

See if there is a local "maker space" at your community center, library, high school or university. The plans are available online and anyone can print them for you.

Dave - I love your optimism ----------- great idea though!

• Like 1

On 9/1/2024 at 11:39 AM, Dave_Hicks said:

My 3D print design for the HF-1 Power Knob slip over cover:

https://makerworld.com/models/610783

HF-1 Power Knob [DLH].jpg

tried printing it... trying to print multiple knob in a single print... didnt went well.... when it get to the top part... prints just flying off the print bed.. heheh... my print bed too hot?  or the base it too thin that it can't 'hold' on to the bed... i will try again... good stuff

7 hours ago, hellhole said:

tried printing it... trying to print multiple knob in a single print... didnt went well.... when it get to the top part... prints just flying off the print bed.. heheh... my print bed too hot?  or the base it too thin that it can't 'hold' on to the bed... i will try again... good stuff

Clean your bed with dawn soap and a scrub pad. Add a brim to the print for better adhesion. I didn't need to, but it may help. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hellhole said:

Clean your bed with dawn soap and a scrub pad. Add a brim to the print for better adhesion. I didn't need to, but it may help. 

• Like 1

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.