is wetpixel.com gone?

bghazzal

Hello all - this might be just some random downtime, or could it be that wetpixel.com is finally gone?

I managed to look up a thread earlier today, but a few hours later I'm getting error messages on different browsers / VPN connections.

Does it work for anyone?
Could this be much discussed final over-and-out?

cheers

ben

Screen Shot 2024-06-14 at 15.21.08.png

Screen Shot 2024-06-14 at 15.22.58.png

1 hour ago, fruehaufsteher2 said:

Cookies gone? What about contacting via mobile?

Nope, no go on the phone as well - tried on two computers and mobile - maybe it's an Indonesian internet thing, but normally a VPN takes care of that.

Odd!

It's back again here as well now, real strange since it was unaccessible on 2 computers and phone, different browsers and with or without vpn.

Anyway, sorry for the false alarm folks!

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

Wetpixel does not come up after several tries, and appears to have finally died. RIP Wetpixel, you did a fine job to keep us underwater aficionados entertained and educated. Thank you and we wish you a happy afterlife! 

While this is sad news, we are most fortunate in that Waterpixels has replaced it in full strength.  Let us continue the fine tradition started by Wetpixel by contributing to, posting ads to buy and sell equipment, telling us about your dive trips, making new friends, and mostly by enjoying Waterpixels.  

Edited by Kraken de Mabini
  • Like 3

Here is what I know, the hosting provider had a major datacenter move for a bunch of there servers. The notice was sent out weeks ago that this would be happening. Moved server account holders will be given a new IP address for their servers when the move happens. DNS records for domain will need to be updated to new IP address for the site to be reachable again. 

So this is where things are, the server was moved to new datacenter on new hardware & software and a new IP. 

Adam should have been notified of this multiple times and he will need to change and update the DNS records to reflect the new IP for wetpixel.com or the server will never be able to be reached. 

So I guess we wait and see if he ever updates that. I imagine even if it comes back, the days are still numbered when it does go offline permanently. 

In reflection of the last year and our actions to get this site going when we did and migrate as many members as we have.. I’m thankful we did it and thanks to all of you for helping rebuild the community here. 👏

• Like 4
  • Thanks 7

Wetpixel is up and running again, the advertisements are to be up to date. But the masthead is still the same, with Adam Hanlon as publisher and editor!  One hopes it is now possible to implement the changes suggested by RichN in his post above

Edited by Kraken de Mabini

10 hours ago, Kraken de Mabini said:

Wetpixel is up and running again, the advertisements are to be up to date. But the masthead is still the same, with Adam Hanlon as publisher and editor!  One hopes it is now possible to implement the changes suggested by RichN in his post above

No doubt funded with the funds "misplaced" from its members!

• Sad 1

• Thanks for your support

Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.