Skip to content

Off the beaten path in Alor

Featured Replies

Did a liveaboard trip to Alor on the Indo Siren shortly before it was consumed by fire and sank. 😪

Alor is known for its healthy reefs and it did not disappoint. However some of the more epic sites were accompanied by poor viz. Currents were also challenging and a few dives were shortened/aborted as a result. Water temps also fluctuated with some especially cold upwellings that required doubling up on wetsuits! If you plan to visit this area, keep these items in mind as it's not a usual Indonesia dive experience. At least to me it wasn't. 🙂 

I'm still on the GH5M2 and shot mainly with the Olympus 7-14 and 60mm.

 

 

Edited by stphnmartin
Correct YT link.

Retra
20 hours ago, stphnmartin said:

I'm still on the GH5M2 and shot mainly with the Olympus 7-14 and 60mm.

 

I also switched to MK2, and I must say that it still defends itself well. One of the longest running cameras ever.

Let's have a buying group to upgrade to the GH7 🤣

 

Great video and great return!

  • Author
4 hours ago, Davide DB said:

 

I also switched to MK2, and I must say that it still defends itself well. One of the longest running cameras ever.

Let's have a buying group to upgrade to the GH7 🤣

 

Great video and great return!

 

Yeah, the GH5M2 battery life is awesome. I love getting three dives in before a battery swap is needed. It will be a deal breaker upgrading to another camera if it doesn't compete in this area. But, I suspect it will be hard to match.

On 8/27/2024 at 4:54 PM, stphnmartin said:

Did a liveaboard trip to Alor on the Indo Siren shortly before it was consumed by fire and sank. 😪

Alor is known for its healthy reefs and it did not disappoint. However some of the more epic sites were accompanied by poor viz. Currents were also challenging and a few dives were shortened/aborted as a result. Water temps also fluctuated with some especially cold upwellings that required doubling up on wetsuits! If you plan to visit this area, keep these items in mind as it's not a usual Indonesia dive experience. At least to me it wasn't. 🙂 

I'm still on the GH5M2 and shot mainly with the Olympus 7-14 and 60mm.

 

 

Spectacular video. Your macro shots are some of the best I've seen. Outstanding video.

  • Author
5 hours ago, Tobyone said:

Spectacular video. Your macro shots are some of the best I've seen. Outstanding video.

 

Thanks! Really appreciate it.

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.