Difference between nauticam n100-n120 port adapter generations

Can anyone tell me what has changed in the newer versions of the nauticam port adapters? 
I was looking at the N100 to N120 adapter and am wondering what the difference is between the 37305 or the older 37303.

Is the older one incompatible with newer housings?

The older one is incompatible with (at least) the Sony housings.  I ran into this when upgrading from my A7RIII to the A7RV.  To my surprise, I couldn't mount the 37303.  It turned out that Nauticam "bumped" the newer housing out a bit and this created an interference.  They resolved this by making the 37305.

Can't speak to any other models, but it is for sure an issue with the A7RV housing.

Gary

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Proteus said:

The older one is incompatible with (at least) the Sony housings.  I ran into this when upgrading from my A7RIII to the A7RV.  To my surprise, I couldn't mount the 37303.  It turned out that Nauticam "bumped" the newer housing out a bit and this created an interference.  They resolved this by making the 37305.

Can't speak to any other models, but it is for sure an issue with the A7RV housing.

Thanks for the valuable input! Good to know!
Is the older adapter (37303) compatible with other housings, e.g. the Nauticam NA-AC7 and the NA-A7CII, or do they also need the newer adapter?

Tino

On 3/3/2024 at 4:28 PM, Proteus said:

Gary

Would you think that using N100 extensions instead of N120 gets around this interference?  

So:

housing - N100 extension - adapter - dome 

instead of 

housing - Adapter - N120 extension - Dome

Probably yes providing it's just an adapter that you need and you don't need to use the zoom/focus knob if one is fitted.  If you do need to use the knob, the zoom gear won't mate up any longe.  It might be possible to make a custom gear to get around that if you needed to

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the insight. The older version I can get my hands on used locally for a third of the price of the newer one. 

I currently shoot a7Riii, so the older one should be fine for now but I don’t want to get into trouble when upgrading later.

I would like to use the tamron 17-28 with the 180mm dome. This needs 40mm extension of which I already own the N100 version. So getting the older adapter would save me the price difference + extra adapter. 

no manual focus I guess wouldn’t be an issue for me on this lens. 

Edited by Robin.snapshots

On 3/7/2024 at 1:04 AM, Robin.snapshots said:

Thanks for the insight. The older version I can get my hands on used locally for a third of the price of the newer one. 

I currently shoot a7Riii, so the older one should be fine for now but I don’t want to get into trouble when upgrading later.

I would like to use the tamron 17-28 with the 180mm dome. This needs 40mm extension of which I already own the N100 version. So getting the older adapter would save me the price difference + extra adapter. 

no manual focus I guess wouldn’t be an issue for me on this lens. 

Yes that should be fine as long as you can use the zoom control knob on the housing with that lens.

• Thanks for your support!!

Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.