feedback / ideas

bghazzal

Hello all,

I've been browsing the site and it's looking really good as is, nothing much to add other than members and threads 😃

The critter-ID lists "nudibrancs",  which needs to be corrected.

A couple of ideas:

Maybe it could be interesting to have a curated

"Tutorials, how-tos (and maybe DIY?)" section - not sure if this is viable, but it could be a way to select and regroup more educational material posted in different forums into a single section.

Otherwise for the Gallery's member "showcase" section (https://waterpixels.net/gallery/ ) , would it be possible to post embedded content for member gallery videos?
At the moment the option there is only to upload video files to the server, which is probably going to quickly cause storage issues...

cheers

b

• Thanks 1

thanks @bghazzal for the feedback,

I like the Tutorials, How To, DYI section idea. I'll get that added. 

RE: Video Showcase.. good observation,  I am changing that to Photo Showcase, and we will add Video Showcase when I figure out how to hack that into allow embedding. 

👌

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Really like the idea of the Tutorials and it's something we've been discussing with potential industry partners.

A number of them already have very good How To sections on their websites (Backscatter for example). So we are seeing whether we can link too then - as well as producing our own How Tos. So please watch this space!

• Thanks 1

Great, looking forward to it!

Otherwise one thing that might need to be tweaked is the time given to edit posts before they're locked - it's short at the moment, I posted a test clip in the showcase sections, and wanted to modify the link but wasn't quick enough!
Something like a few hours would be nice.

• Like 2

So the forum looks great, there is even 2FA (yaay!) and it does look nicely familiar...how about dark mode though ?
Shopping wise, where are the things made and shipped from? Would USD price suggest US ?

Also Davide "About" in the Team says "Chris Ross Working on it...." 😆

And thank you for the effort, glad to see there is hope :)

16 minutes ago, makar0n said:

So the forum looks great, there is even 2FA (yaay!) and it does look nicely familiar...how about dark mode though ?
Shopping wise, where are the things made and shipped from? Would USD price suggest US ?

Also Davide "About" in the Team says "Chris Ross Working on it...." 😆

And thank you for the effort, glad to see there is hope 🙂

dark mode and a lot of enhancements coming 🙂.

the products are print on demand and print closest to you for shipping and tax/vat reasons. 

we have done test orders and so far quality is great.. shipping so far from US and Spain on the shirts. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Phil Rudin said:

The site looks very nice and user friendly (especially it you are coming from wetpixel) may want to move the Retra strobe thread into the strobe section to keep things balanced. 

Thanks, Phil. We'll check that out.

15 hours ago, RichN said:

dark mode and a lot of enhancements coming 🙂.

(...)

That is certainly great news 🙂

15 hours ago, RichN said:

(...)

the products are print on demand and print closest to you for shipping and tax/vat reasons. 

we have done test orders and so far quality is great.. shipping so far from US and Spain on the shirts. 

That is perfect, I was not expecting hand painted mugs done by Tim in his spare time 😅, reason I am asking is at this point is not really clear other than for T-shirts, which seems to display where products are sourced - prices display in US dollars, there is no shipping information nor cost anywhere, even at the end of the checkout. Could be perhaps great to have USD/EUR dropdown currency choice as well as some basic shipping from information (EU/US) and estimated cost, to be able to judge any potential VAT/customs costs. Also sizes might be tad confusing as well - magical units like Wizard of Oz, or clothes sizes where US vs EU sizes will differ 😉

15 hours ago, TimG said:

And some things from the Baltics - also excellent quality

All for it, since I am a "Baltician" really and not a chocolate and beer land "original" 😉

Also, I have noticed a weird behavior on the shopping page - when page loads, for brief moment full product information is displayed to the right of the item:

image.png

However a split second later, this changes to the below, seems the extra dropdown/quantity menu now overlays part of the information (though information at the bottom of the page is still visible)

image.png

Also, going back from the cart to the store (say you forgot to add something),  seems to wipe the cart clean.

Edited by makar0n
  • Like 1

For store quirks we will give you feedback shortly.

In the meantime I can try to answer you about the items in the store.
To get started right away, we have implemented the store in a simple but effective manner. The prices on the site are in USD but before you pay you will receive an invoice with the correct final amount including shipping costs and possibly customs fees.
To avoid customs fees, gadgets are produced and shipped from three geographical areas: USA, UK and EU. In Australia the gadgets were delivered from California.
I am in Italy and bought a t-shirt and a mug which arrived from spain and Lithuania respectively. So no customs.
the sizes of the t-shirts look USA to me.

P.S. the mug is awesome 😍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Unread Content or New Posts Button

I find it useful to use an "Unread Content" or "New Posts" filter to keep up to date with new forum content as opposed to showing a"All Activity".   Description of Unread Content:  "Showing all content I have not read and posted for the last 365 days".  

Thanks!

Edited by gstrek
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, gstrek said:

Unread Content or New Posts Button

I find it useful to use an "Unread Content" or "New Posts" filter to keep up to date with new forum content as opposed to showing a"All Activity".   Description of Unread Content:  "Showing all content I have not read and posted for the last 365 days".  

Thanks!

Hi gstrek. I had the same thought and found you can create a button and then set that as the default. Let me figure out how I did it then will post here!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Davide DB said:

For store quirks we will give you feedback shortly.

In the meantime I can try to answer you about the items in the store.
To get started right away, we have implemented the store in a simple but effective manner. The prices on the site are in USD but before you pay you will receive an invoice with the correct final amount including shipping costs and possibly customs fees.
To avoid customs fees, gadgets are produced and shipped from three geographical areas: USA, UK and EU. In Australia the gadgets were delivered from California.
I am in Italy and bought a t-shirt and a mug which arrived from spain and Lithuania respectively. So no customs.
the sizes of the t-shirts look USA to me.

(...)

Thanks! No rush, just wanted to add my thoughts from user/buyer perspective 🙂

17 minutes ago, Davide DB said:

(...)

P.S. the mug is awesome 😍

Waiting for additional colors on this and the T-Shirts ....or versions with username, though that might be a bit over the top 😉

Edited by makar0n
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TimG said:

Hi gstrek. I had the same thought and found you can create a button and then set that as the default. Let me figure out how I did it then will post here!

Try this:

- Select Unread Activity

- Select Stream Options

- Create Stream (say, Unread Posts) and name it

- Set as Default Stream

That's working for me, I think (!). We'll check it though and make sure it's working right as what you suggest is a good idea.

4 minutes ago, TimG said:

Try this:

- Select Unread Activity

- Select Stream Options

- Set as Default Stream

That's working for me, I think (!). We'll check it though and make sure it's working right as what you suggest is a good idea.

I will write a small guide

7 minutes ago, TimG said:

Try this:

- Select Unread Activity

- Select Stream Options

- Set as Default Stream

And in pictures xD

image.png

Then :

image.png

And save:

image.png

Wonder if this could be set as a default for any new accounts?

Edited by makar0n
  • Like 1

Hmm a silly idea - some kind of a general/travel gear subforum?  For all the equipment carry topics, things like charger recommendations etc, maybe even things like "prescription masks" topic ? Just so other forums stay focused on the actual cameras, strobes etc...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, makar0n said:

Hmm a silly idea - some kind of a general/travel gear subforum?  For all the equipment carry topics, things like charger recommendations etc, maybe even things like "prescription masks" topic ? Just so other forums stay focused on the actual cameras, strobes etc...

ooooo, I like that idea!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, makar0n said:

That is certainly great news 🙂

That is perfect, I was not expecting hand painted mugs done by Tim in his spare time 😅, reason I am asking is at this point is not really clear other than for T-shirts, which seems to display where products are sourced - prices display in US dollars, there is no shipping information nor cost anywhere, even at the end of the checkout. Could be perhaps great to have USD/EUR dropdown currency choice as well as some basic shipping from information (EU/US) and estimated cost, to be able to judge any potential VAT/customs costs. Also sizes might be tad confusing as well - magical units like Wizard of Oz, or clothes sizes where US vs EU sizes will differ 😉

Thanks for the feedback.. I do think that Tims custom hand painted mugs are coming. 🤣

Ive added the size charts to the T-shirts and will do so in the future listings as well. 

Unfortunately, adding EUR right now is not an option. As well as auto shipping cost and Tax/VAT estimates. At this time, as you place an order and proceed to check out, you will not enter Credit Card or pay. The order will go in to a hold status. We will get notification of the order, and update it with the direct cost of shipping & Tax/VAT from the printer and you will be notified. If you decide at that time to proceed with order, you will be given the option to pay. 

Saying all that, Once things calm down just a bit here, Im going to move things to a new store and all your items will be addressed.

8 hours ago, makar0n said:

Also, I have noticed a weird behavior on the shopping page - when page loads, for brief moment full product information is displayed to the right of the item:

image.png

However a split second later, this changes to the below, seems the extra dropdown/quantity menu now overlays part of the information (though information at the bottom of the page is still visible)

image.png

Also, going back from the cart to the store (say you forgot to add something),  seems to wipe the cart clean.

Funny I haven't noticed this, I just thought it was a preview of the item description. I'll see if I can do something about that quickness. Thanks for seeing it 🙂

😳 I like the member name option. We might see that sooner then later.. At least the option  🤣

Ill make a post about color options and maybe create a poll, We need to make sure we pick stuff that is in stock in all of the main hubs. 

Thanks again for the feedback... 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, TimG said:

Try this:

- Select Unread Activity

- Select Stream Options

- Set as Default Stream

Thank you.  This works for me, too1

• Like 1

First off thanks for all you’re doing and I’m so looking forward to being a positive active member. So are the shirts and mug ready to go? I’m in the US. Also I saw you had a photo with a decal. Do you have those? I love decals and I’d like to get a few extra for a few trips I’m going on and finding a place at the resort to get the site some exposure. 

Also a small suggestion is maybe having specific sections for different camera shooters. Such as Sony shooters, canon, Nikon and so on so you don’t have to filter through questions or threads but just be able to follow your camera. Just a because if everyone is posting in one spot a good thread could get pushed back pretty fast. 

Again thank you for all your hard work. I hope for nothing but amazing success. 

• Like 1

Much appreciate the comments, Buddha - thanks! 

On the shirts and mugs, yep, they are ready to go. Just click on Store on the menu at the top. We've had quality "issues" with stickers/decals so they aren't available just yet but we'll let you know when they are.  

It's early days for our shopping setup so it is a little more clicky for the moment than we intend. It was a little tricky finding a way of letting most members buy items without necessarily getting hit by import duties and the subsequent freight handling charges.

To get started right away, we have implemented the store in a simple but, we think, effective manner. The prices on the site are in USD but before you pay you will receive an invoice with the correct final amount including shipping costs and, just possibly, customs fees depending on where you live.

To avoid customs fees as best we can, items are produced and shipped from three geographical areas: USA, UK and EU. In Australia the items come from California.

I am in the Netherlands and bought a t-shirt and a mug which arrived from Spain and Lithuania respectively. So no customs duties. 

Give it a try, please, and if you find problems, just let us know.