Skip to content

Marelux MacroView MV-24 Wet Conversion Lens?

Featured Replies

Here is something interesting. While thumbing through Marelux’s website yesterday, I happened to see on their Wet Lens page a listing for a MacroView MV-24 Wet Conversion Lens. I don’t know when this was added to their site, but this new mystery optic is described as another conversion lens for a 90mm to 105mm macro lens designed to provide the equivalent focal range underwater of a 24mm wide-angle lens.

https://www.marelux.co/products/macroview-mv-24-wet-conversion-lens

WaterPixels Store

Like an MWL-1 for longer focal length and not quite as wide. I'll be curious to see cost and some test shots.

1 hour ago, Grantmac said:

Like an MWL-1 for longer focal length and not quite as wide. I'll be curious to see cost and some test shots.

Not at all like MWL-1, not upside down and backwards and not nearly as long. More like the MV60 that takes 90 to 105 in the 50/60mm angle of view, MV24 will take the 90 to 105 range to 22/24 AOV range on a flip adapter along with the Mv60 or by direct mount. Minimum focus to infinity to be determined.

1 hour ago, Phil Rudin said:

Not at all like MWL-1, not upside down and backwards and not nearly as long. More like the MV60 that takes 90 to 105 in the 50/60mm angle of view, MV24 will take the 90 to 105 range to 22/24 AOV range on a flip adapter along with the Mv60 or by direct mount. Minimum focus to infinity to be determined.

Interesting…potentially macro, super macro, mid, and mid-wide with a 90/100 and a triple flip.

2 hours ago, Phil Rudin said:

Not at all like MWL-1, not upside down and backwards and not nearly as long. More like the MV60 that takes 90 to 105 in the 50/60mm angle of view, MV24 will take the 90 to 105 range to 22/24 AOV range on a flip adapter along with the Mv60 or by direct mount. Minimum focus to infinity to be determined.

You are thinking of the EMWL.

I'm talking about this lens:

https://www.nauticam.com/products/macro-to-wide-angle-lens-1-mwl-1-150-deg-fov-with-full-frame-60mm-macro-lens

Although obviously nowhere near as wide.

Edited by Grantmac

On 9/13/2026 at 7:36 AM, Phil Rudin said:

Not at all like MWL-1, not upside down and backwards and not nearly as long. More like the MV60 that takes 90 to 105 in the 50/60mm angle of view, MV24 will take the 90 to 105 range to 22/24 AOV range on a flip adapter along with the Mv60 or by direct mount. Minimum focus to infinity to be determined.

Please let us know the minimum and maximum focus distances once they become known.

Price quoted at $999, so more than the MV60 which makes sense given how much more glass is in there. I'll be very curious to see test shots and specs.

14 hours ago, Grantmac said:

Price quoted at $999, so more than the MV60 which makes sense given how much more glass is in there. I'll be very curious to see test shots and specs.

Sorry about the mistake regarding the Nauticam lens. I do get confused about the letters and numbers for some products. This is not a lens ment to be used with zoom lenses and it remains to be seen exactly how close it will be able to focus. Marelux staff has not been advised on the retail cost so you seem to be ahead of the curve on that issue. What I can say is that we are hoping to get a prototype for DEMA on 2 November. I intend to update as soon as I get the final specs. It is clear that water contact wet lenses are a valuable asset to underwater photographers and that new designs have been embraced by the community. Stay tuned for more.

811749634_1109110531629428_1175792896363494604_n.jpg

811749623_1109110464962768_2394404236357577321_n.jpg

811473054_1109110418296106_6122162158124801808_n.jpg

812697579_1109110754962739_800655441432232727_n.jpg

Edited by Phil Rudin

On 9/12/2026 at 4:45 PM, ChipBPhoto said:

Interesting…potentially macro, super macro, mid, and mid-wide with a 90/100 and a triple flip.

I was thinking the same, but given the weight of the MV24, I think they are recommending putting it on the rig after getting into the water - which might even be a better idea if combining with a MV60 on a triple flip -

One lens you forgot in your list is the MFO-1

I would think a double flip with a MFO-1 & either a SMC-3/MFO-3 depending on the site & then put the MV24 & other in a pocket

1 hour ago, Grantmac said:

hopefully they offer a float collar as well.

StiX already has an adjustable float collar for macro ports $65 USD

Estimated U/W weight is 160g or under 6oz so 40g or 1.41oz heaver than the in water weight for Nauticam MFO-3/3II. I suspect a beer cozy would more than offset the buoyancy.

On another issue I understand the excitement of wanting a very close focusing 24mm but I am just as excited to use it as a portrait lens for larger subject like the two attached photos both taken at 24mm.

C7E5350C-7282-4D45-A88C-F504BD6D99A3.jpg

60715652-47FB-4950-BF0E-11E7939F9AE6.jpg

IMG_7254.jpeg

To my mind this would be ideal for Giant Pacific Octopus, letting me get a wide perspective inside the den while also being a decent FL for filming if I happen on one out for a stroll.

I'd prefer to have it on a flip holder. If it folded over the port I could see 3D printing some sort of cradle to support it when folded and possible add flotation. I'm not a huge fan of the stix since they lose flotation past 30m but I rarely do macro that deep anyway.

This is how it mounts on the Marelux double flip adapter with the MV60 which is about 6mm less diameter than MV24

IMG_7256.jpg

Edited by Phil Rudin

I'm really looking forward to seeing more footage and feedback from this optic on 90mm and 100mm / 105mm lenses.

It seems ideal for people like myself who don't really do wide angle, but would like much wider medium shots on macro-focused dives.

The 60mm converter (I have the MFO-3, but would have bought the Marelux one if i had the choice) is already a super useful addition, and I'm really curious to see what the Sony 100mm macro can do at 24mm.

Exciting times!

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.