Proven 3D printed Parts For Underwater Imaging

• The title was changed to Proven 3D printed Parts For Underwater Imaging
  • 2 weeks later...

here are a few of my 3d projects. Port for 3 & 4 inch domes. Gears, protective dome covers and caps.

The most interesting is the dome port for the Osmo pocket. The bottom of housing is a Chinese housing I purchased 

online. The 3 inch dome has a + 4 diopter for the Osmo pocket. Works with anamorphic adapter. Link to test video.

3D printed port adapter.jpg

P6110033.JPG

Toby 3D UW.jpg

DSCF0665.jpg

• Like 2

I have printed out the snoot for Inon Z330 (small version) according to this file here and it works perfect: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4753831

This file and numerous other files for UW-photography can be found on this Webside here, type in e.g. "Z330" or "Zoom gear", but I cannot confirm that everything works (I printed just the snoot):  https://www.stlfinder.com/

Wolfgang

• Like 2

On 1/21/2024 at 5:06 PM, Tobyone said:

here are a few of my 3d projects. Port for 3 & 4 inch domes. Gears, protective dome covers and caps.

If you point me directly to some project I'm happy to link in our list pinned above.

Ciao

19 hours ago, Architeuthis said:

I have printed out the snoot for Inon Z330 (small version) according to this file here and it works perfect: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4753831

This file and numerous other files for UW-photography can be found on this Webside here, type in e.g. "Z330" or "Zoom gear", but I cannot confirm that everything works (I printed just the snoot):  https://www.stlfinder.com/

Wolfgang

Hi Wolfgang, Perhaps you could also link to the Canon 8-15 adapter to use the focus gear on m43?

• Like 1

Here is the link that Chris requested: Adapter for Nauticam focus gears for the Canon 8-15mm and the Tokina 10-17mm fisheyes for use on MFT with 1x glassless adapter (the Nauticam gears are build to work with the 0.71x speedbooster). While the regular versions work as they are, the versions for use with Kenko 1.4x TC may need some shortening by abrasion:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/dzjpn1s8wbfhbkyru8l4j/h?rlkey=u8ne953g3iymcyexmgczbmj9e&dl=0

Edited by Architeuthis
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Architeuthis said:

Here is the link that Chris requested: Adapter for Nauticam focus gears for the Canon 8-15mm and the Tokina 10-17mm fisheyes for use on MFT with 1x glassless adapter (the Nauticam gears are build to work with the 0.71x speedbooster). While the regular versions work as they are, the versions for use with Kenko 1.4x TC may need some shortening by abrasion:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/dzjpn1s8wbfhbkyru8l4j/h?rlkey=u8ne953g3iymcyexmgczbmj9e&dl=0

Link added

19 minutes ago, Davide DB said:

Do you have a Kiss rebreather?

Yes I do. Two KISS Spirit CCRs for my wife and myself. I've had this unit for about 8 years, and dove the Sport KISS model starting in 2007. Most of my diving is CCR, and all of my local PNW diving.

• Like 1

On 1/30/2024 at 6:14 PM, Dave_Hicks said:

Nauticam Zoom Gear for Nikon 16-35mm lens

I've posted a Thingiverse project for a Nikon 16-35mm zoom gear, for use with a Nauticam housing. I dove it this weekend and it worked great.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6460301

Thank you Dave...

I am a Nauticam/Sony/A7 user. I guess that the gearwheel part of the Nikon zoomgear will fit also to Nauticam N100 housings for Sony FF? Does anyone know?

If yes, it will be easy to use just the gearwheel part and put e.g. a cylinder structure on it via software (e.g. ThinkerCad) to fit the appropriate Sony FE lens...

Wolfgang

7 hours ago, Architeuthis said:

Thank you Dave...

I am a Nauticam/Sony/A7 user. I guess that the gearwheel part of the Nikon zoomgear will fit also to Nauticam N100 housings for Sony FF? Does anyone know?

If yes, it will be easy to use just the gearwheel part and put e.g. a cylinder structure on it via software (e.g. ThinkerCad) to fit the appropriate Sony FE lens...

Wolfgang

I don't know if n100 gears are the same diameter as n120. But all the gears on a type are identical.

The hard part is getting the cylinders to precisely hug the lens. I used a two part solution with a tpu rubber sleeve that the gear cylinder tightly slips onto.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Architeuthis said:

Thank you Dave...

Wolfgang

It will not fit. I tried printing a N120 focus ring for my houding once and they are larger in diameter than the N100 rings.

They should however work in the N100 to N120 adapter with the knob.

Edited by Robin.snapshots
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Dave_Hicks said:

The hard part is getting the cylinders to precisely hug the lens. I used a two part solution with a tpu rubber sleeve that the gear cylinder tightly slips onto.

I use a one part solution with a split.  It's easy to fit on the lens and can be tightened up to prevent any slippage in use by using the captive nut and screw.  Here's a couple of examples; N120 for Sigma 150 macro on the left and N100 for Sony 90. macro on the right:

IMG_1754.jpg

Edited by Gudge
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Gudge said:

I use a one part solution with a split.  It's easy to fit on the lens and can be tightened up to prevent any slippage in use by using the captive nut and screw.  Here's a couple of examples; N120 for Sigma 150 macro on the left and N100 for Sony 90. macro on the right:

IMG_1754.jpg

I am making a focus gear now for a Lensbaby 56mm lens. The entire barrel of the lens telescopes, so multiple parts are needed. The gear has to float free and sit on top of a spacer. The gear needs to have slots that mate with pegs fixed to the collar tight on the lens. Pretty complicated.

21 minutes ago, Gudge said:

IMG_1754.jpg

Would you be willing to share the model for the 90mm? I tried a similar approach for this lens but couldn’t get it to fit in the narrower N100 port. 

my hacky solution was cutting off the screw part and adding a bunch of rubber bands

Here's a couple more N120 examples; Canon 8-15 on the left and Sigma 17-70 macro on the right.

The 8-15 zoom gear has two tightening screws because it is reversible so I can use it for the 8-15 with and without teleconverter.  The rubber ring on the 8-15 is narrow and one central tightening screw doesn't work well with either configuration.  I use one screw when shooting th 8-15 by itself, and the other screw with the 8-15 pluse teleconverter when the zoom ring is fitted in reverse.

IMG_1755.jpg

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Gudge said:

Here's a couple more N120 examples; Canon 8-15 on the left and Sigma 17-70 macro on the right.

The 8-15 zoom gear has two tightening screws because it is reversible so I can use it for the 8-15 with and without teleconverter.  The rubber ring on the 8-15 is narrow and one central tightening screw doesn't work well with either configuration.  I use one screw when shooting th 8-15 by itself, and the other screw with the 8-15 pluse teleconverter when the zoom ring is fitted in reverse.

IMG_1755.jpg

What are the vertical bolts for? Assume you have to align the gear so it does not turn through the tightening flanges?

16 minutes ago, Dave_Hicks said:

What are the vertical bolts for?

Because it is reversible I had to make this in two parts.  What you can't see in the picture is the barrel extending down past the gear a few mm.  The gear is held onto a flange on the barrel by the vertical bolts.

Assume you have to align the gear so it does not turn through the tightening flanges?

Not an issue with this design.  The zoom collar on the lens only moves through about 90º, I just have to make sure that when the zoom gear is attached to the lens that the gap is opposite the gear in the housing to ensure the two will never meet.

Edited by Gudge

12 minutes ago, Dave_Hicks said:

What are the vertical bolts for? Assume you have to align the gear so it does not turn through the tightening flanges?

I see. The beauty of 3d printing is you can just make two gears! But sure, less stuff to carry around.

11 minutes ago, Dave_Hicks said:

The beauty of 3d printing is you can just make two gears!

Where's the fun in that! 😀. Much more interesting and challenging to make one gear that covers both situations.

• Thanks for your support!!

Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.