Buyer/Seller feedback from Classified Sales

TimG

On 2/24/2024 at 6:02 AM, TimG said:

Posts your comments here on feedback on buyers or sellers if you bought or sold through the Classifieds thread

Well you get full marks first off @TimG 🙂  Thanks for great comms and efficient sending of your tripod - now I just have to wait for non-brown water to try it out!

1 hour ago, KirstyA said:

Well you get full marks first off @TimG 🙂  Thanks for great comms and efficient sending of your tripod - now I just have to wait for non-brown water to try it out!

Hey thanks Kirsty. A genuine pleasure doing business with you. 

Yes, non-brown water. But, hey, I’m thinking at the moment (with diving months away) bathtub and underwater Lego scenes…..

44 minutes ago, TimG said:

Hey thanks Kirsty. A genuine pleasure doing business with you. 

Yes, non-brown water. But, hey, I’m thinking at the moment (with diving months away) bathtub and underwater Lego scenes…..

Ahhh yes top tip!  And I was poking my lenses into puddles yesterday - desperate times indeed 😄

Kudos to @DreiFish who sold me his Nauticam WACP-1, presumably to fund the purchase of a new FCP-1!

He shipped it to me insured and it arrived safely, in time for my trip to Raja Ampat later this month. Thanks for a smooth transaction, Andrei!

Cheers, Mike

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ridgebackpilot said:

Kudos to @DreiFish who sold me his Nauticam WACP-1, presumably to fund the purchase of a new FCP-1!

He shipped it to me insured and it arrived safely, in time for my trip to Raja Ampat later this month. Thanks for a smooth transaction, Andrei!

Cheers, Mike

Welcome Mike! Still on the fence about the FCP-1, but the WACP-1 definitely deserved a new home where it can see a bit more use.

In the meantime, I've downgraded to the WWL-C + Canon 24-50 lens. Maybe a downgrade in terms of image quality, but d definitely not a downgrade in terms of size and weight 😄 

IMG_7772.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks, Andrei.

I'm taking both the WACP-1 and the WWL-C to Raja Ampat later this month. We'll see which one gets more use! I suspect the smaller, lighter form factor of the WWL-C will carry the day, but we'll see. The WACP-1 is definitely compatible with a wider range of lenses than the WWL-C, which only works with my Nikkor Z 24-50mm lens.

2 hours ago, ridgebackpilot said:

Thanks, Andrei.

I'm taking both the WACP-1 and the WWL-C to Raja Ampat later this month. We'll see which one gets more use! I suspect the smaller, lighter form factor of the WWL-C will carry the day, but we'll see. The WACP-1 is definitely compatible with a wider range of lenses than the WWL-C, which only works with my Nikkor Z 24-50mm lens.

That seems more like a pro than a con. The 24-50z covers the entire range of the WWL-C, making it a perfect fit.  I've used it a few dives to good effect now and am very happy wth it.

All shots taken last week with the Nikon Z8 and WWL-C / 24-50mm.Campbell River February 24, 2024 (313 of 316).jpg

Campbell River February 24, 2024 (289 of 316)-Topaz AI.jpg

Campbell River February 24, 2024 (98 of 316)-Topaz AI.jpgCampbell River February 24, 2024 (274 of 316).jpg

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 2/24/2024 at 6:02 AM, TimG said:

Posts your comments here on feedback on buyers or sellers if you bought or sold through the Classifieds thread

Mark Drayton a good seller in the classified adverts 😃

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

We didn't go through the Classifieds board, but I just concluded a very pleasant transaction with @Brandon Cole where I traded him my D850 rig and some additional cash in exchange for his A7RV rig. Brandon flew down to California from Washington to make the exchange in person, and also walked me through how he had configured all the camera controls for underwater usage.

Brandon, if you're reading this, it was a pleasure to meet you and I look forward to (hopefully) crossing paths again in the future.

• Like 2

@Kamaros- I am indeed reading this (as I sit in the airport before flying home!), and I thank you for your kind words and willingness to entertain my unorthodox offer out of the blue. Win-win swap for both of us.  Waterpixels as a community is off to a great start and I hope everyone here contributes to and benefits from the collective positive energy, supportive spirit and wealth of wisdom of the groups quickly-growing membership. Happy shooting and safe diving to all-

Edited by Brandon Cole
  • Like 2

A late post as the transaction already occurred in February. @DreiFishsold me a pair of retra pros advertised here and send them insured. All went very smoothly and very happy to take these nice strobes for a spin to my next dive trip starting next week. Thank you Andrei for the painless transaction.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just received a private message from rollyaboat with a typical scammer message and I received the same exact message from them from scubaboard so be watchful. I have attached the message (I know this because the photo of the retras they posed to sell was from a legit diver/photographer Dan Bishop) 

IMG_5222.jpeg

• Like 2

On 3/2/2024 at 2:58 AM, DreiFish said:

Welcome Mike! Still on the fence about the FCP-1, but the WACP-1 definitely deserved a new home where it can see a bit more use.

In the meantime, I've downgraded to the WWL-C + Canon 24-50 lens. Maybe a downgrade in terms of image quality, but d definitely not a downgrade in terms of size and weight 😄 

IMG_7772.jpg

Really nice photo.

5 hours ago, LaurenWang said:

I just received a private message from rollyaboat with a typical scammer message and I received the same exact message from them from scubaboard so be watchful. I have attached the message (I know this because the photo of the retras they posed to sell was from a legit diver/photographer Dan Bishop) 

IMG_5222.jpeg

Thanks,

We received another alert from another user. 

Rollyaboat flagged as spammer and banned.

Thanks

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Thanks For Your Support

backscatter_block.gif
    backscatter_block.gif
    Fotosubshop_Logo_Longnew.png
    isotta_logo.png

INONlogo_Waterpixel.jpg

marelux.gif
    nauticam_WPX.jpg

RPV Banner.png

Retra2.png

SeaandSeaLogo.png

turtlelogo.png

image001.png

image.png

image.png

XRAY Magazine

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.