Nauticam Wet Lens On Other Systems

Hello everyone,

What official options are there for owners of other brands of housings to mount Nauticam wet lenses while keeping the qualities intact? 

Regardless of judgments, it is a fact that these optics have changed the market. Here is an excellent roundup of the various models available.

I often see photos of various brands' housings with WWL-1 or WACP or EMWL but cannot find mention in the manufacturers' catalogs.

Recently I saw that Isotta has included an adapter for WWL on their site but otherwise...

Personally I understand the competitors' intention to defend their brand but I find this behavior even counterproductive because sometimes you are a victim of vendor lock-in.

Knowing that you can change housing and still use them or that my housing can use them and I don't have to change it.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

The wet lenses use a bayonet mount (apart from the original WWL-1 which has an M67 thread) and the while bayonet mount screw onto an M67 threaded port the issue is that the bayonet attachment for the port has a U-shaped groove and is the port lip is too wide it won't screw on.  It might work on some ports but not others.

One work around is to adapt a Nauticam port to your housing and this will work if you can get the right adapter length/port length combination.  If you have a Isotta or Sea and Sea housing that uses N120 ports you can adapt  the Nauticam port directly by changing the lug plate over to a S&S/Isotta lug plate.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Chris Ross said:

the issue is that the bayonet attachment for the port has a U-shaped groove and is the port lip is too wide it won't screw on.  It might work on some ports but not others.

Yes hence my question: are there option supported by manufacturers that not imply file and saw?

22 minutes ago, Chris Ross said:

If you have a Isotta or Sea and Sea housing that uses N120 ports you can adapt  the Nauticam port directly by changing the lug plate over to a S&S/Isotta lug plate

OK thanks

Sagadive.com makes WACP N120 adapters for at least seven different housing brands.

In Marelux world the 32 flat port with 67mm threads works with the Sony FE 28-60mm and WWL-1/1B.

Marelux also has an N100 to Marelux 5 inch 17mm adapter for the same Sony 28-60 and WACP-C.

Marelux also has a Nauticam N120 to Marelux 5 inch 20mm extension which works with WACP-1/2 in the N120 mount. It also works with ports like those from Nauticam and Zen. I use mine with the 12 inch Matty Smith dome for split shots. The Sony FE 28-60 works with the WACP-1 direct mounted with no additional extension. In the photo of WACP-1 mounted on the Marelux housing I am using the 20mm NA to MX adapter and a 30mm Marelux extension while testing a Tamron zoom with WACP-1.

Marelux also has the Aquista line of wet wide lenses coming soon and you can also get to 130 degrees with the excellent Laowa 10mm F/2.8 rectilinear auto focus lens for Sony FE and Nikon Z.

Silver housing is WWL-1, Top view short adapter is the WACP-C and WACP-1 with two extensions.

IMG_3285.jpg

IMG_5049.jpg

IMG_5034.jpg

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Good morning,
Isotta recently modified a port to accept the Nauticam M67 Bayonet Converter II and adapt the wwl-1b and wwl-c for the Nikon z 24-50: M67 H63 B120 macro port.
They have an adapter for wacp (seen on divephotoguide dema 2023 on youtube) but I don't have the reference.

Edited by Loïc35
  • Thanks 1

• Thanks for your support!!

Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.