Maldives 2024 Coming up!

Headed back to Maldives Feb. 3-13 🙂  

Taking my easy traveling Canon G7X II compact, Fantasea housing and one Inon S220 mounted in the cold shoe.

Best part is the whole thing floats so I won't lose it no matter what!

DHIMG_6849.jpeg

IMG_1345.jpegIMG_0030.jpeg

IMG_1229.jpeg

IMG_1379.jpeg

IMG_9123.jpeg

IMG_9162.jpeg

IMG_9450.jpeg

IMG_1331.jpeg

IMG_1408.jpeg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Disembarked Blue Force One in Maldives Feb. 13th after 10 days diving. Fabulous dives with some deep plus currents but great fun 🙂

My simple camera rig continues to surprise me.......

I did many dives with no wide angle "Air Lens". My simple Fantasea F Series Air Lens  restores my Canon G7X II compact camera's 24mm focal length. Without it essentially 24mm X 1.25 flat port refraction = 30mm focal length. 

Being able to shoot moderate 30mm focal length was an advantage on drift dives or other challenging situations.

Clear water helped and the Inon S220 with GN 22 provided 

plenty of power for my 1" sensor 20.1 Megapixel files.

Next trip to Bali in May I may refine the simplicity even further!

IMG_7993.jpeg

IMG_6327.jpeg

IMG_6392.jpeg

IMG_6420.jpeg

IMG_6509.jpeg

IMG_6764.jpeg

IMG_7060.jpeg

IMG_7081.jpeg

IMG_7190.jpeg

IMG_7275.jpeg

IMG_7531 (1).jpeg

IMG_7535.jpeg

IMG_7597.jpeg

IMG_7637.jpeg

IMG_7676.jpeg

IMG_7879.jpeg

Edited by dhaas
  • Like 2

cool! the manta pics at the end are in Maamigili right (South Ari atoll, island with an airport)?

I've guided there many times when I was working there and the table corals to the slope are quite remarkable. Apparently the site was rubble only a few years back, and now the table corals are (almost) all over the place.

It's also a shark cleaning station, got silver tips a few times, bigger than the usual grey reefs!

Edited by bghazzal
  • Like 1

I can't recall the exact site but you may be correct. Our cruise director mentioned those table corals coming back very well and the mantas loved them for cleaner fish popping up 🙂

• Thanks 1

On 2/17/2024 at 1:36 PM, Erik H said:

Great shots! Planning to do Maldives this year as well. How did you like Blue Force 1?

Also got back from 10-day "Best of Maldives" 4 FEB on Blue Force 3, company did a great job for the most part. I'd book with them again, no issues.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ChipBPhoto said:

Just proves once again it’s not the camera, it’s the photog that counts!  Great pics! 

Yes but the same photograph can (normaly) make better pictures with better hardware 😉

I took some nice pictures with my Canon G5x...  but there is a gap between the G5x and the R5 (with to right lenses)....   the price is also not the same I know 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Now that's doing alot with very little! Nice work, dhaas! I'd say you're extracting maximum value our of that compact rig.

On 2/15/2024 at 9:26 PM, dhaas said:

Disembarked Blue Force One in Maldives Feb. 13th after 10 days diving. Fabulous dives with some deep plus currents but great fun 🙂

My simple camera rig continues to surprise me.......

I did many dives with no wide angle "Air Lens". My simple Fantasea F Series Air Lens  restores my Canon G7X II compact camera's 24mm focal length. Without it essentially 24mm X 1.25 flat port refraction = 30mm focal length. 

Being able to shoot moderate 30mm focal length was an advantage on drift dives or other challenging situations.

Clear water helped and the Inon S220 with GN 22 provided 

plenty of power for my 1" sensor 20.1 Megapixel files.

Next trip to Bali in May I may refine the simplicity even further!

IMG_7993.jpeg

IMG_6327.jpeg

IMG_6392.jpeg

IMG_6420.jpeg

IMG_6509.jpeg

IMG_6764.jpeg

IMG_7060.jpeg

IMG_7081.jpeg

IMG_7190.jpeg

IMG_7275.jpeg

IMG_7531 (1).jpeg

IMG_7535.jpeg

IMG_7597.jpeg

IMG_7637.jpeg

IMG_7676.jpeg

IMG_7879.jpeg

• Like 1

• Thanks for your support!!

Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo Logo
    Logo

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.